Recoil and noise factor...

Hueco

...on the .22 magnum -- I am curious of what the increase is over a LR. How does it relate to a .223? Thanks!

Hueco

It would appear you want a subjective comparison, so here's mine. There is practically no recoil with 22LR and 22WRM. Recoil for .223 is mild, some would still say none including me. The noise from 22WRM is maybe twice that of a normal HV 22LR with both fired from a rifle. The 22WRM isn't even in the same noisy ball park with the .223. It, the .223, may not have kick but it sure has noise. Maybe someone else has some dB levels for these rounds.

Hueco,
After I purchased my Bushmaster the first thing I ordered was a set of Pro-ears "Pro-Mag" model. I only have one ear that works, I take no chances. The .223 is LOUD. I almost bought the Shorty AK, but many people told me that the AK brake would deflect noise back at me. I chose the plain barrel Shorty. I'm really happy with it. I have some .22's, they sound like pop-guns compared with the AR.
As far as recoil, well it's light.

Will

Thanks guys, your responses were pretty much what I expected. I did forget to mention that the rounds will be fired from a bolt-action. Thanks again!

Hueco

Back