reciever mounted mauser peep sight?

bullfrog99

I would like to mount a peep sight on the reciever of my military mauser 98 action, and was wondering what options i may have in such a venture. the only one i've found so far is the ashley peep sight, but it seems $90.00 is a bit much to sight a gun i didn't pay 200 dollars for. do you guys have any suggestions?

I might get roasted here, but I'm not a big fan of the Ashley peep. It looks like an Uncle Mikes swivel inverted on a metal block. Maybe Bullfrog99 is thinking along the lines that I am thinking: An unobtrusive receiver peep. Actually, one which would stay in place sighted with the scope on and instantly available with the scope removed... or maybe not.

Warne was well ahead of their time with the introduction of the Rear Receiver Peep Base which also took the Warne ring- discontinued. Did Redfield once offer a peep base? What about searching for a Bolt Peep which would mount on the Bolt Shroud?

On pages 295 and 303 of Sweeney's Riflesmithing, they show a picture of a Protected Peep by Gunsite on a Sako Scout although not scope friendly, I could compromise... Anyone have more info on that Peep?

Back