Reassembly of the Gold Cup National Match

Bill Daniel

I may have gone too far. After successfully diassembling my Kimber Gold Match and Compact I decided that the Gold Cup need a thorough cleaning. My problem came with the sear/disconnector assembly. It has a tiny spring on the front and a small thin strip of metal with a circular hole and two right angle bends. The position of the spring is easy as it fits into the sear but the metal strip I must have wrong as the hammer will not lock back.
Can anyone help before I have to go shame faced to a gunsmith? This is not covered in Bill Wilson's 1911 Maintainence Manuel or the AGI 1911 video.
Thanks,
Bill Daniel

------------------
Prosecute criminals to the fullest extent of the law and their weapons will become harmless.

Suggest you make a small 'slave pin' to keep these parts together as you finesse them into place; then slide the original pin into them. It may take several tries but it does work. (I think I still have the slave pin I made circa 1980 just in case.)

------------------

Thanks to Robert Foote! The Gold Cup is detail cleaned and lubed. The safeties all function and I know a whale of a lot more about how Mr. Browning's pistol functions.

Thanks again,

Bill Daniel

------------------
Prosecute criminals to the fullest extent of the law and their weapons will become harmless.

Back