Rear Sights for Rossi .44 Spl?

broshear

Inactive
I got a good price on a used Rossi Model 720 .44 Special, but the reason I got the good price was because the rear sights are missing. I thought I'd be able to get new ones, thus the good deal would remain a good deal. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that Taurus, who bought most Rossi designs, doesn't support the Model 720! They referred me to an Interarms representative, who said that there are no Model 720 rear sights to be had! Now the good deal doesn't sound so good. Are there any generic sights that might fit? Any ideas would certainly be appreciated!

Have you checked to make sure that adjustable sights from other Rossi models won't work? I have an Interarms brochure from the early 90's and will check it to see if anything else might be applicable.

Is your 720 the model with the non-fluted cylinder and full hammer?

If so, I'd like to buy it...for a good deal, of course. ;)

Other Rossi Sights

Have I tried sights from other Rossis? Didn't think of that. I would have assumed that all the company reps who were telling me that no sights were available for this model might have mentioned it if sights from another model would fit.

My local gunsmith has tried sights from an old S&W, but even though they looked "close" before we started, they weren't very close after we got into it.

This Model 720 has a fluted cylinder and an exposed hammer. The hammer looks a lot like the one on my S&W Model 15.

Thanks for your ideas.

The sights from the model 851 38spl or the 971 357mag should fit your gun,it's worth checking out,good luck in your search:)

Broshear, I think I have what you need. I have an extra adjustable rear sight for a rossi 971. It's comeplete but you probably will need a smith for the screw that holds it down. My personal rossi 971 has the same sight but the sight uses a different size screw to attach it to the revolver. You can have it for $10 plus a buck to ship. You can also try calling M&M, they have parts for rossi's also. (703) 739- 2150

Attachments

• rossi sight.jpg
    rossi sight.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 74
apologies

My apologies to whoever tried to send me a private note concerning my problems locating a rear sight for the Rossi. I accidentally deleted it before I opened and read it. I appreciate you help, though, and if you retransmit, I'll try to be more careful.

Back