Really becoming a fan of Mpro 7 for cleaning

cryogenic419

I picked some up a while back and said, OK I'll give it a whirl. I know it's designed for military weapons and it does do quite well on them. I've also started using it on my polymer framed pistols. Powder blast residue on the front of the frame where the barrel exit point is just wipes away, no scrubbing. Cleans all the powder residue off the internals, as well as cuts right through the old oil/carbon buildup. Used it on my 500 SW Mag revolver, specifically the front of the cylinder and muzzle break...had to use a nylon brush and scrub a little bit but its all clean. It doesn't stink the house up, anger the old lady and this stuff actually works. Its almost made cleaning the guns fun again.

I only became aware that it existed in the last 2 years or so. Initially I was just like oh look another cleaner and ignored it. I just remember being somewhere picking up some oddball targets to take a friend shooting and saw the stuff on the shelf along with the LPX oil and figured why not give it a try. I know Hoppes Elite is supposed to be almost the same stuff and a lot of folks seem to love that too. Initially its hard to get your head around the whole "its something new and doesn't stink so how does it really work", but once you do WOW.

Which M-pro are you using? If you're using the gun cleaner you'll love the copper remover that works with it.

I was dubious like you till I tried it now its all I use.

I particularly like the fact I can clean my jags, tips, brushes & so on with hot water right out of the faucet. Something it took me a while to realize with water-based cleaners.

I have the copper remover just have not had a chance to use it on anything. Once weather warms back up and I can get some trigger time in and the guns need cleaned I'm going to use it.

The nicest thing is that not being ammonia based you can brush it in & leave it overnight to really chemically dissolve metal fouling with no harm to the barrel steel.

I bought my first bottle about 3 months ago and have gone through and cleaned and lubed ALL my guns with it. I love this stuff. It is very good and stays on the metal even after many shootings AND makes cleaning very easy.

OK, so I've had a chance to use it on every gun I have now. I really really love this stuff. I've given the copper cleaner a chance to do its thing with my rifles, and just to see how well it did went through with another cleaner afterwards, no trace of copper. Very cool stuff, if you find yourself in need of new cleaning supplies give it a whirl you will not be disappointed.

Any one here using this stuff that used to use Bore tec?. I took the Bore Tec challange and have not looked back since. I have about 7 different cleaners downstairs now just collecting dust. I have yet to find anything that cleans as good as Bore Tec, But am always keeping a open mind and ears.

Back