Realistic Full-Action Training handgun--Does it exist?

MauiDoc

Where I live, it is very difficult for me to get training in IPSC-type shooting, or anything like a 'kill-house' scenario.

What I would like is to continue my self-directed training in a way/place/time that won't get me shot by antsy neighbors or the local PD. So, I'm looking for a realistic handgun model with good weight, slide action, reloadability,etc, as close to the real thing without the noise or the danger. Something that will cycle rounds somehow, occasionally jamming to practice clearing stovepipes and whatnot.

Anything like that exist? Ideal for me would be a Colt .45 1991 Compact model.

there are airsoft model guns that are to scale size and weight wise. They are loaded with clips that have the pellets in the front and you fill the back of the clip with propane so it is gas powered and operates with blowback and everything.. thats probably the most realistic without the noise... Other than that i think they might have simunition available for some civilian use now.. you'll have to look em up and see but simunition is basically paintball thats powered by gunpowder so there is a boom when you shoot... goodluck

Airsoft is a great place to start for training force on force, or active training. I've used some in the agency I worked with.

If, however, you're looking for something a bit more realistic intended for gun handling, loading, clearing stovepipes, etc. You may want something like this:

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g22p

I'm not sure it's availability to civilians, though. Good luck in your search.

The feds use slightly modified pistols in some scenarios that do everything except launch a bullet. I don't remember what they call it, but it's a real gun with the recoil spring modified and it takes some kind of "blank" ammo. You load the magazine with these just like normal, when you pull the trigger it's slightly louder than the hammer click, and it cycles another round. It's awesome but i don't remember the details of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus that ate your iPhone.

Back