Real Black Powder for sale in Friendship, IN?

TruthTellers

I'm on vacation in Indiana and I've been going to lgs stores in the state looking to buy black powder, real black powder not substitutes, to buy so I don't have to pay hazmat fees and shipping. The local guys are saying to check out Friendship because at muzzleloader meets they have it for sale.

Anybody know if I can just go to Friendship at any time and buy the stuff? I'm not planning on staying in Indiana too long...

I'm on vacation in Indiana and I've been going to lgs stores in the state looking to buy black powder, real black powder not substitutes, to buy so I don't have to pay hazmat fees and shipping. The local guys are saying to check out Friendship because at muzzleloader meets they have it for sale.

Anybody know if I can just go to Friendship at any time and buy the stuff? I'm not planning on staying in Indiana too long...

They were selling at the Spring
shoot, but almost positive you have to be a NMLRA member to purchase powder from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THe Bass ProShop I frequent in Texas has GOEX in "the back". You have to ask for it. I don't know if this is standard for all Bass Pros.

You can call and ask. Generally they want you to pre-order the powder so they have enough on hand for the matches.

LogCabin Shop in Lodi, Ohio should have it too. Call them.

THe Bass ProShop I frequent in Texas has GOEX in "the back". You have to ask for it.

All stores that handle it are that way. There are special regulations for black powder and it has to be kept in a special powder magazine. That's the main reason most retailers don't want to mess with it.

All stores that handle it are that way. There are special regulations for black powder and it has to be kept in a special powder magazine. That's the main reason most retailers don't want to mess with it.
The regulations changed after 9/11, when black powder was reclassified as an actual explosive.
Much more of a pain for retailers to handle, now. Most simply gave up on it, due to the paperwork and legal crap.
Black powder is very difficult to get your hands on locally, in most parts of the country, as a byproduct.

The most questionable and potentially dangerous requirement: It must now be kept in a safe. (With access only by approved personnel.)
So, instead of a little boom from cans popping during a fire, you get a big boom from a safe exploding... :eek:

Back