Ready to send in Form 1 for SBR, Please help

Highpower1

Could someone please make sure that I've got everything I need in place to send in to the ATF for processing my Form 1. Sorry this is the first time I'm doing this and I wanted to make sure I did it correctly.

I have 2 signed copies (CLEO) of the Form 1 completely filled out

I have 2 sets of finger prints completed

I have filled out and signed the Certification of Compliance form

I have the check made out for 200.00 to "Department of Justice"

Need to make sure I have the correct address to mail everything into
NFA Branch 244 Needy Rd. Martinsburg, WV. 25401

Have I missed anything from your seasoned veterans of Class III firearms. Please let me know. Your replies are greatly appreicated.

I don't have a Form 1 in front of me at the moment, with that said it gets mailed to the address on the top righthand corner of the Form. I say this because Form 4's and 1's get mailed to different addresses and as mentioned I don't have one in front of me. Everything else looks good to go.

I think I remember making my check out the BATFE, not DOJ.

Make sure your forms are double sided, and not single side sheets.

You can always call the NFA and double check with them. They're usually pretty helpful.

check can be made out to either the DOJ or the BATFE.

i include 2 certificate of compliance forms but i believe you only need one.

pics for your form 1's?

Hmmm..... I printed mine out and they just all printed single sided. Do I need to print odd pages, flip and print on backs? They won't take them printed out on single sides???? Even with all the same info???

Thanks for all the help guys. Like I've said, first time ever doing one by myself.

Mr. Clean, just flip it over and print the other side that's what I did.

Hmmm..... I printed mine out and they just all printed single sided. Do I need to print odd pages, flip and print on backs? They won't take them printed out on single sides???? Even with all the same info???

I've heard of them being sent back before because they were single sided. They're not going to staple pages together with your stamp on it, nor would I want to keep up with 2 sheets of paper.

Just print 'em out double sided so you've got all your info on ONE sheet when the stamp comes back.

From another site:

When filing a Form 1 or Form 4 make sure the document is double-sided. Do not send this form in as two separate one- sided sheets, it will be rejected by the BATFE and sent back to you.

Just one less thing for the examiner to misplace.

I send both form 1's and 4's to the Needy road address the form 4's get approved on average 3 days before the form 1's. Not a big deal after 3 months. One of the two forms you send in is sent back to you with the stamp on it. I used pretty thick paper to make the document more durable.

FWIW I went the trust route so I don't have to deal with all of the hassle for every item I want. Also, my successors don't have to redo all of the paper work and $200 a pop to transfer everthing to them.

Hijack Alert

:)Sorry 'bout this, but...
How about us folks with an LLC..?
Do I just submit the first page, sans CLEO/finger prints..?
Should I also include the incorporation documents..?
And, yes, this is to make an SBR out of a GSG 5PK.
Thanks,
p

Do I just submit the first page, sans CLEO/finger prints..?
Should I also include the incorporation documents..?

Submit the complete document, leave the parts that do not apply blank. Corps do not require submission of fingerprints/CLEO/pictures. They DO require declaration of cit form (5330.20).

IIRC you have to submit your articles of incorporation, Call the NFA branch (304) 616-4500 and ask.

Joat

everything is in duplicate...you need 2 18 USC compliance forms, and two passport pictures to go with your two fingerprint cards, and two form 1's.

Back