Re; How much is a IBM Carbine worth?

Ivan8883

a friend wants to sell a IBM Carbine. It looks like a mint gun with no import marks. The stock has no markings on it and I wonder if it was a Dcm gun ,but no papers with it. He has 2 30 rd mags and one 15 round mag. He wants $450.00 for it . Was Ibm a rare manufacturer of this weapon? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

There were approximately 6 million M1's manufactured from September 1941 to the end
of WW II, and production continued beyond the Korean Conflict. Unless you can't find an
M1 in one of your local gun or pawn shops, and just can't sleep with 450$ in your
possession ;), I would try to negotiate into the 250-300$ range if the rifle is 95-100%. I saw an M1 in 85% condition for 150$ about three weeks ago. The M1 is fun, but for 450$ you could buy a much more capable rifle. Keep in mind that the .30 Carbine round (110-grain FMJ @1950fps) is relative to the .38 Special.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Ivan, try this one in Harley's forum...

Personally, I find it kinda cool that you could have an Aptiva and an M1 carbine made by the same manufacturer.

Thanks for the feedback. It didnt take me long to realize I dont need this weapon. I have enough stuff already. Supplies, food, ammo, fuel, and water are much more important than having another weapon to feed. It is kind of a enemic round anyway except with hollow points that NYPD used years ago on liquor store stakeouts. Several BG's were taken out by police using 30 Carbines with hollow point ammo. This is back in the days when police were here to help the people !

$ 450 is not a bad price if it is in good condition. An My IBM is 100% Y2K Ready as another plus you can when asked by another user 'how fast is you box' you can say 'Well my IBM is 1900fps :) ' I have done this, and have always wanted to call a big IBM service center If they work on all IBM hardware then show up and as for a new recoil spring (I have not due to my whish to never have to say but it was a joke officer, really...)

Hey guys, I called my friend and told him I wasnt going to buy the carbine and he told me a dealer in Frederick has offered him $600.00 for it. This dealder said he can get $750.00 for a mint IBM carbine. But I just didnt feel like shelling out $450.00 and anotther $100.00 for a case of thousand carbine ammo. I was told junker carbines are bringing over three hundred now and at ther last Greencastle PA show there werent any carbines for less than $500.00. I dont collect high ticket guns anyway so it doesnt matter to me. Thanks again.

Back