RDS Keeps Getting Loose

DrMLap

Inactive
I have installed an RDS on my S&W TRR8. After a few hundred rounds, it loosens to the point where it forms a small amount of forward/backward play on the rail. And, yes, I have used Blue Loctite on the clamp screw. Looks like all that does is delay the loosening.
Does anyone have a more permanent fix for this? One that still allows me to remove my RDS when I want to?

The issue is the mount to the rail, right? Not the sight to the mount?

I'd either call Vortex for a new mount or just get a better one.

ADM is good stuff.

I have installed an RDS on my S&W TRR8. After a few hundred rounds, it loosens to the point where it forms a small amount of forward/backward play on the rail. And, yes, I have used Blue Loctite on the clamp screw. Looks like all that does is delay the loosening.
Does anyone have a more permanent fix for this? One that still allows me to remove my RDS when I want to?
Geeez! I hate when that happens. As of 12, or so, years ago, you will NEVER, ever, find a slotted or hex socket optics base, or scope ring screw, on or within 500 miles of either of my main work benches.
I have gone over from the "dark side" and now use nothing other than torx screws for optics mounting to ANY degree. Even for Ruger Mark pistol front sights that are notorious for loosening up. My instructions are quite elaborate so pay close attention:

Clean the torx screws with a spray cleaner like "parts and brake spray stuff" and then a drop or two of #242 Blue Loctite. That screw will be tighter than a ducks bunghole, yet still serviceable with hand tools.

Back