RCBS Uniflow III Question

LukeB

Inactive
I've used an old RCBS Uniflow for years and finally bought the newer third generation. I know it is suggested to use smaller drums and/or the small metering screw for pistol loads. The Uniflow III manual says the metering screw that comes with the III gen measures consistently within .01 grains. Does anyone use a small metering screw with the newer gen? This is really confusing and I would appreciate any clarity.

Are you sure you have a gen III? The III uses one cylinder and metering screw for pistol and rifle, 0.5-95 grains. The web page says 0.1 to 0.3 grain accuracy, like Bart said. I couldn't find any reference to accuracy in the online manual.

Same as any drum measure, it will be capable of metering fine spherical propellants very uniformly but give you a bit more variation with other forms. Often, when you see a scale or a powder measure claim of 0.1 grains precision, it will also say 0.01 grams somewhere. The two aren't quite the same, with 0.01 grams being just a little over 0.15 grains, but metric powder measures and powder scales are often limited to 0.01-gram resolution.

Higgite: I think that is my exact question, does the Gen 3 have the options for smaller drum/ metering screw (like some other RCBS powder measures), or is the one that comes with it designed for both larger and smaller loads. I think you just answered my question if the latter is true.

Back