RCBS Uniflow and H110

Targa

Hi all, I am thinking about getting this powder measure for my Lee Classic Turret for H110 powder specifically. My auto drum meters well for H110 and works like a champ with Universal but I am getting a little tired of the obligatory H110 cleanup after a loading session due to leaking.
Through my internet search it seems that the Uniflow might handle the fine powder leaking issue a bit better than the Lee Auto Drum.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thank you, Darrin.

I have used the RCBS Uniflow for better than 40 years and am still a fan-both that I have owned have metered every powder I use very well and that includes Alliant Unique
To include zero leakage

Used RCBS Uniflow for a lot of years. Meters good even with flake powders, but quite good with H110 and any ball powder. Leakage? No.

H110 does not leak in uniflow. Consider the model with the pistol rotor and micro adjuster. Pistol rotor is large in its own right and easily handles smaller rifle sized loads.

How are you planning to actuate this on the Turret? Manually?

Good to hear all, thank you. Yeh TJB101, I was planning on getting the adaptor to attach it to my Lee powder through/expanding die and then just operating it manually. I have the index rod to my turret press disconnected and operate that manually as well.

Almost 30 years of reloading the the RCBS and H110 is one of my most used powders. Never had an issue. Actually, I just got done reloading about 1,000 rounds of .357 and .44 Magnum for the upcoming hunting season.

Been using the RCBS Uniflow since the early 80s. Works good never "leaks".

I load rifles ranging from .22 Hornet to .458 Win Mag and pistols ranging from .32ACP to .45 Win Mag and use the same RCBS measure for all powders, ball, flake, or stick.

Never used the Lee powder measure, generally I don't care for Lee products, beyond some of their hand tools.

ding that ammo was a breeze with W296/H110.I've been using a Uniflow since about 1970. Currently I have three. I have both sets of drums for two tools. The third one was given to me and has the small drum. I have it permanently set up to throw 14.0 gr. of 2400 for my .357 Mag. I only use them for loading handguns these days and use the Chargemaster for rifle loads. I used the uniflow to load up a bunch of .44 mag. ammo using W296 which is H110 as sold by Winchester. Same powder, different label. H110 gave no problens with the Uniflow.
Paul B.

Almost 30 years of reloading the the RCBS and H110 is one of my most used powders. Never had an issue. Actually, I just got done reloading about 1,000 rounds of .357 and .44 Magnum for the upcoming hunting season.

357? Or something bigger? Love 110 in my 357 for a couple of lever action... nice long burn. Going to the Oaks show this weekend? Enjoy.

Like the others, I've been using a Uniflow since back in the 80s. I have several that are set up for different powders. It would be hard to add up the pounds of 110, and bullseye that have been through the one on my 4x4 as well as the AA powders.

I usually load for accuracy and seldom get to the tippy top of any data, but they have all metered within a tenth or so consistently. Trick is to have the fine powders settled and be consistent with each pull of the handle either the measure or press. It's the varied vibration that will throw you off more than anything. Also use the small rotor for small handgun type cases and you'll be good to go.

I load a lot of H110. I've used the RCBS Uni with no issues, i've used my 1500 Chargemaster with no problems, I used my LEE Pro auto disk with leaking issues so I don't recommend the LEE.

i've used my 1500 Chargemaster with no problems,

Funny you mention that, I have started researching the automatic powder dispenser’s to see if I might want to go that direction for my lower volume reloads that I will use the H110 powder for and when I start loading for 30-30 and .308. I am looking hard at the RCBS lite version.

Last edited:
Any drum measure I am aware of that is made entirely of metal will do what you want. Plastic drum parts can mate imperfectly (a little post-mold warping). The Lee Perfect Classic Cast, however, has a metal drum and I would not expect that to leak.

My Uniflow does fine with spherical powder and does not leak. Same with my Redding BR-30. IF you only load handgun or small case rifle ammo, you could look at the Redding Competition 10X Pistol measure, which is for 1-25 grain charges only. I'm sure you would find the same thing with the Hornady Lock N' Load measure.

I have Bruno Precision Powder measure that I bought before the owner moved his business to Arizona. Very precise for rifle, but not predictable for any powder under 10 gr. I use a Redding measure for those without a problem.

But, having said that, I tried the Bruno with 19.0gr of 2400 for use in the .44 Mag with a Remington 240gr cast bullet. I loaded 50 rounds and kept screwing around, trying to get even close enough to tickle the balance. The throws would range from 17 to 19, but usually when I gave a slight double tap, I'd get 19.5. Finally I got it - a double tap got me exactly 19.0 gr. But it was on the last 4 bullets I loaded!!!! But now I'm good to go.

Back