Rcbs parts??

Adamus

Inactive
Recently I bought two presses for 75$ one is a rcbs jr 2 with oroville calif
On the frame which I have never seen before. Anybody know about these
Presses? The other is a 1982 RC2 in really nice shape except it’s missing the handle and I believe the right linkage arm is not square with the left arm because the toggle block pin will go in one side but not the other. I even tried lightly hammering the pin in. The pin should slide in nicely. I called rcbs they said they had no parts for the RC2 because it was discontinued. Does anybody know where I can find just the linkage arms and possibly a handle. Thanks for any help

RCBS started in California; parts should be available (Covid shortfalls notwithstanding) for free. Call them and they are great to deal with.

Yea I did call but they said they could not help because the RC2 was discontinued
And they didn’t have those parts left. She did say they could sell me a handle.
I just don’t wanna buy another press just for parts. I wasn’t sure if the jr2 with oroville cast into it was rare or a good find. Either way price wasn’t bad and I’m a sucker for cheap rcbs presses haha. Thanks for the reply

Thanks I didn’t think about guns international. I went there and of course didn’t find anything. The problem is there customer service is to good, that’s why there is no parts market haha. Guess I’ll keep checking flea markets.

If I am not mistaken (I do not have a RCBS Rock Chucker and can only go by the pictures of one), the Rock Chucker handle is made of simple round stock with a threaded end that any machinist could duplicate. A bicycle hand bar grip should not be too hard to find.

Ya I was trying to keep it original.
Has anyone seen a jr2 with oroville Cali cast on the
Side of it??
If you are asking if your old press is collectable (worth more than any other RCBS Jr.), the answer is most likely no... only worth what ANY old RCBS Jr. working press is. I hope you are not waiting for someone to beat down your door to offer big bucks for it.

My 1980's vintage RC2

As I recall, the toggle pin only goes in one way.
I had a corrosion issue that required disassembly and the pins that the upper part of the the links pivot on go in from only one side, requiring the ram to be removed first.
Don't recall which side, it has been a few years. Parts weren't available then either.

Might be useful as a boat anchor but it looks like it's already been used for one. Sometimes I think sellers on eBay use LSD when setting a price.

Tony
That press would be worth about ten bucks or so. However, it seems to be (unless the ram is rusted in place), that it could be cleaned-up to the point of being usable.

Back