RCBS Customer Service

74camaroman

RCBS has the best customer service in the reloading industry, they have a lifetime warranty on most all of their products. Can't beat that, and they have fixed all my problem dies at no charge, answered all my concerns with their products, and supplied small parts at no charge, can't beat that for the best customer service. Just to give credit where credit is due!!!

Yes, RCBS's customer service boarders on legendary. And they're relatively local for you - Oroville.

Used to be about 40 miles from me, until I moved to Idaho last month.

I love RCBS as well. I boy their stuff if I need something and its in stock. I have many, many of their dies, which are my favorite by far, and I have their Rebel Press, which I like.

My Rockchucker is still going strong and will celebrate it's 40th birthday soon. It has probably loaded north of 50,000 rounds, maybe 75,000. My original .45 acp dies, she'll holder, lube pad, and Lil' Dandy are also going strong, with the free replacement of a cracked powder hopper. My "newer" 35 year old .38/.357 dies and 5 year old 9mm dies are also flawless.

A second approval for RCBS equipment.

I went into reloading to load .45 ACP because at one time I was shooting a lot of it. I had total tunnel vision about reloading. I read 'ABC's of Reloading', went to my local hardware store (this was in the late 1960's) a guy there sold me an RCBS press and I've stayed with that company for dies, Uniflow powder measure, lube, pad etc. etc. etc.

For years and years I just stayed with ONE WAY of doing reloading and never lifted my head up to check out anything else. It was MEC for shotgun shells and RCBS for everything else.

Well, one time I DID look at Dillon when they made the unprecedented step of cutting their price in half and selling directly to the public. I didn't believe there would be enough demand for a progressive reloader so I wished them luck but just shook my head at their marketing strategy.

I was given a couple sets of RCBS dies and some dimwit had used what looked like a vice grip on the nut that holds the decapping rod. I called RCBS with my credit card in hand to order a new decapping rod assembly for each of these 2 die sets. Not only would they not take my money for the parts, I had a great conversation with the their representative...

So I now have 2 sets of used dies that look almost new...

Tony

I bought a used Partner press a few years ago really cheap because the handle was missing. I called RCBS to order one and they refused my money. When the box arrived it was empty, there was a hole in the box and the handle must have slid out during shipping. I called them and once again they insisted on sending it to me at no cost. This time it was taped heavily inside the box. All this and I told them I bought it used.

RCBS has had the best reputation for customer service in the business for generations. In nearly 50 years of reloading using their tools and dies I've never need it.

I imagine Lyman would also be very good, but the same as RCBS, I've never needed to call on them for it.

Dillion was also very good the one time I needed help, and that wasn't with a problem, it was to get a specific die....

Good quality products and excellent customer service, to me worth more than saving a (very) few dollars on some "off" brand stuff.

RCBS has the best customer service in the reloading industry, they have a lifetime warranty on most all of their products. Can't beat that, and they have fixed all my problem dies at no charge, answered all my concerns with their products, and supplied small parts at no charge, can't beat that for the best customer service. Just to give credit where credit is due!!!
Yes, and Hornaday is just as good.

Used their customer service before. Fantastic. Tried to buy some replacement parts for something i broke on accident, would not take my money.

Bought my RCBS "Reloader Special 2" in 1984. In '88, I attempted to use it to press fits some parts in an automotive application ('69 Camaro) and damaged the ram (dumb thing to do).

I wrote RCBS a letter (pre-interweb) stating that I had damaged the ram due to "using it in a manner for which it was not designed" - or words to that effect, and to please send me a new one with the bill.

They sent a new one. No bill. No charge.

P.S. Still have the press, btw. Works as good as the day it was made.

Several years ago I bought an Ammomaster press from my brother, and discovered there's a difference of only about seven parts between my Piggyback II and the Ammomaster progressive press. I called RCBS and said I wanted to buy some parts, they took my address information and I gave them the part numbers. Before I could say anything more I was thanked, bid a nice day.....and the phone went silent. Four days later my parts arrived.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

My only transaction with rcbs cs is a bit tainted. I bought a rcbs neck turner. Didn't open the box till months later. When I did, I found the main body wasn't even machined. It was just the cast blank.

I called rcbs cs. They said they would ship out the replacement next day. Week later nothing. Called. They didn't know why it wasn't shipped. This went on for months with several similar running around. Finally I asked for the manager and announced parting with their products for good. He gave me his name and personally guaranteed it would be taken care of. He added a few pilots for free. A few days later the replacement came in good order.

I don't believe this is their norm. I'm just a rare outlying entry in the vast favorable statistics. I still buy their products. The latest is their bullet puller die with a few collets. Works well. Well, I did have modify it to fit my coax press.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It happens.
I tend to give companies the benefit of the doubt, until they are jerks about something or truly screw me over.

I bought a barrel from a reputable company back in ... March(?).
Early April, I got an email from them, saying that the transaction was not actually approved by my bank, even though I had 'successful confirmation' at the time of checkout.

Checked my bank, and they were correct. The transaction never hit my account.
Long and short of the resolution: we had to use a back-door through another payment processor, which meant not using the normal channels and processes.
On my end, I had only a transaction number. On their end, they only had a payment with name, address, and phone number.

And, lucky me, the barrels had gone out of stock by the time the company realized payment had not actually gone through for my order.
They told me the next batch would ship a week later.

About two weeks later, I hadn't heard anything.
I sent a friendly email, just asking about the status.
No reply.
A week or so later, I sent another polite inquiry.
No reply.
Last week, I sent another email, from a different email address, with an attachment showing the previous attempts and correspondence.

They replied within about an hour.
They were apologetic for having "forgotten" the order, as I suspected.
My other emails had been forwarded to the co-owner that handled the tech and financial side of the business, so he could look into it. But he had family medical issues to deal with daily, and no one thought to check up on the guy and make sure he was keeping up.

So, almost two months after trying the first time, I finally have a barrel enroute. (Let's hope it makes it through the USPS gauntlet. :rolleyes:)

As long as I get a usable barrel, I won't hold it against them.
(I also ended up getting free shipping, since they forgot to charge for it when we did the 'back door' payment. So, that helps.)

Back