Raymond Moraczewski

Morgan

My Grandfather, Raymond Moraczewski (pronounced Mor-ches-key), passed away yesterday. He was a brave and honorable man, from whom I learned much. When I say goodbye to him for the last time on Monday, I'm going to promise him and myself that I'll live up to his legacy, and never forget what he taught me and my brothers by instruction and example.

His life spanned this century from nearly the beginning to nearly the end. He was a man's man - the eldest of seven brothers, he never knew any other way. At six foot six and two hundred and some pounds, he was big, tough and strong - mentally and physically. He was shrewd, and grew wise.

In the teens he was a child. In the twenties, a farmer. In the thirties, a rumrunner and husband. In the forties, a father, soldier, and arms importer. In the fifties, a railroad worker. In the sixties, a chemical worker. In the seventies, a grandfather. In the eighties, a widower. In the nineties, a great-grandfather.

He'll always be a hero. He, along with my father, taught me what it means to be a man.

Everyone please hoist a drink in his name this weekend, as my brothers, parents, and friends will do to celebrate this great man's life.

Morgan,
How fine you got to know him. Condolences from me and mine. Now..

To Raymond Moraczewski! (Shiner Bock on high!)

Tonight, I shall hoist a Bud to this man; would that I could do so this minute.

A good grandfather (as yours apparently was) is one of the best influences a young man can have, and it sounds like he did right by you. My sympathies are with you, Morgan.

------------------
Ignorance is takin' over,
We gotta take the power back.
--Rage Against The Machine

I am saddened to hear of the loss of such a man to his family and his country. Please accept my sincere condolences.

He is honored in that you speak so highly of him.

------------------
Bruce Stanton
CDR, USN-Ret.
Sgt., Kings Co. Sheriff - Ret.

I'm toasting Raymond right now, with a tall cold one. You gave a good man a good sendoff, nobody can ask for more.

Back