Rattlesnake: This is no BS!

BigG

I just got off Buzz Knox's thread where he discussed non threatening gun topics. Besides LMAO and spewing all over my keyboard, I remembered what I had seen in a gunzine the other day.

The American Historical Society or whatever has had produced a titanium plated Colt 45 Auto with rattlesnake hide grips and a rattlesnake engraved on the side of the slide. I just gawked at it with my mouth open, it was so cool!

It said it was in the snake tradition of Colt, diamondback, python, Cobra, now rattlesnake. Man I almost rushed to put it on my VISA until I noticed the bottom line was $2295. I would love to have one, though!

Anybody else like to have one of these marvels of twentieth century ingenuity? ;)

I would have to have an unacustomed excess of cash to be interested. Snake skin grips for wall hanger only, won't last long at all usin it. The price, without tax etc, would pay for 45,900 rounds of ammo for my shooters. Bout four years of shootin practice.

I burned out on the commerative Colt thingie in the 60s.

Buy and enjoy if it truly be your bag.

Sam

One of those Colts (or one very similar) passed through the gun shop where I used to work a few years ago.

It had snakeskin grips and a GORGEOUS pale blue finish.

Really cool-looking pistol, but definitely not a shooter.

Rex, I saw the pic in the latest "Handguns" magazine...

the pistol looks to be silver plated with the hammer trigger safety, slidelock gold plated. It's definitely a looker not a shooter. But for the man who has everything... wtf?

Gold plated parts? UGH... I guess I'll pass! I will pick up the magazine to get a look at it though, thanks for the heads-up Big G.

Hey now..Some people around here consider my flashy SS Gold Match to be a pimp gun. Hmmmmm...Whar can I get me some a dem snake hide grips ? Second thought I don't know where I would lay the fur and hangs da dingle balls. HA! Ha!

The finish is Hard Gold Titanium and Pearl Gray Titanium. Definitely a wallhanger and I like to shoot what I purchase. It is a gorgeous piece tho.....Dan in GA

If I were Donald Trump or Bill Gates...

I would order out a pair of em and use them for shooting! The titanium plating is supposed to be off the hardness scale and impervious to wear scratching, etc.

As Dan in GA correctly says, the finish looks pearl gray and gold, but both colors are actually titanium -- something like a hundred times harder than steel. That rattlesnake logo would put the PC yokels into cardiac arrest. Its worth the $2,200 just for that! *Oh look! Another dangerous gun!* (wring hands repeatedly) *BigG grins*

Sometimes I like something just plain snappy! I don't think it really fits the profile of pimpy, however, YMMV.

Regards!

Back