rattle from my remington 700 cdl

Drewdoo41

Inactive
anyone else have a rattle from their remington 700 bdl/cdl's? The internal magazine box above the floor plate makes an annoying rattle...seems it's due to loose fit. Has anyone tried permanently attaching the magazine to the trigger guard? I half considered applying some jb weld to make it happen...

on another note, I just picked up this rifle and really like it. It's my first remington 700 and I'm looking forward to shooting it. Stepping down to .243 for deer hunting due to an injury and a few surgeries. Will likely top it with a leupold vx III 2.5-8x36 for an all american deer rifle. I hope she shoots as good as she looks!

The magazine box used to have a screw securing it to the action, but I think they don't do that any more.

It should not rattle. It should be a nice tight fit into the receiver. You are not missing a screw. It just sits in there. Sounds like you have a defective one.

Drew...

Stick with the premium 87 gr bullets with that .243 and you will not have the problem I had with the cheap wallyworld ammo.

I have 3 cdl's and not a single one rattles. make sure that me mag box sits square into the bottom of the action, and that when you put it back in the stock it is not slipping out or something.

Back