Rape isn't too big of a deal in Detroit. At least they're safe from handguns

Jack 99

Here's some news items that just struck me today:

http://cnn.com/US/9911/17/detroit.assaults/index.html

Funny, eight reported rapes, 12 reported attempted assaults, ONE guy in custody. I'm sure the "officials" in Detroit are scratching their heads trying to figure out why these things just keep happening. What do you expect from a city that bans all handguns?

The BGs apparently aren't in any danger of sanction, but the students exercising their 1st Amendment rights in an attempt to get some level of protection were "warned that further protests would subject students to truancy laws."

Egads, we're sliding downhill fast.

Then there was this:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_exnews/19991118_xex_hitler_stali.shtml

Remind me again why this guy is President? The fact that the survey respondants had to WRITE HIS NAME IN is amazing.

------------------
"Put a rifle in the hands of a Subject, and he immediately becomes a Citizen." -- Jeff Cooper

I like that student protest part. Kind of reminds me of that scene in Aliens where the black soldier quips, "Wat are we going to use, harsh language?"

Just goes to prove that laws aren't worth the paper they're printed on when the balloon goes up.

-----
Want to annoy a liberal?
Work hard, and get rich!

Detroit does not ban handguns. It cannot by state law. Its illegal in Michigan for any county, city, township to make any gun laws, only the state government can.

CCW permits are granted by county gun boards in Michigan. Its tought to get the 2 out 3 votes from the boards to be granted a permit, especially in Oakland and Wayne counties. macomb county has a 'shall issue' policy and St. Clair county might be following.

Detroit is a city, where sadly, almost all government systems are broken and corrupt with a bunch of hold overs from the Colman Young days. Mayor Archer tries hard but has to fight many up hill battles.

Back