Rap 401 in SA POLISIE Service

CZ75ID

Correct. The RAP 401 is an Astra copy. This is a issue arm
intended for Detectives and Female Members of the SAPS.
star8.jpg

South Africans.. tend
to copy designs that work well. The FN -FAL SA R1 battle rifle. the Zeederburg Z88 (Beretta 92F)the Model 51 smg
(UZI) and his 5.56 assault rifle known as the Vektor R
series. with the R-5 in police service

However during the AP era..most gun designs were imported
for Police use. Hence, the Service Pistol P38 Walther, as
purchased by the old 'Mag' or FORCE (SAP)around 1955. Then the Beretta 92SB, in the mid 80s.. still prefered by many veteran officers.
18180684.jpg

Along with the finest SAP service pistol:) As carried by Elite units in the old days. but im biased.
13509298.jpg

The reports on the RAP 401 in Cape Town SAPS circles have
been really positive. The only drawbacks: The officers see
the 401 to be just as heavy as their old Z88s,
Z88.jpg

Yet, the RAP 401 only takes a single-stack magazine. Not every officer can or likes to carry around the R5 rifle!

Like all SAPS issued equipment, the RAP 401 is locally made
and therefore a 'verwaardig' or Made in SA product. As is the superb quality SAPS issued 9mm FMJ PMP brand ammunisie:)

It's no surprise, that the RAP doesn't sell as well to the
civilian or off-duty police...as the reliable and durable..
combat proven CZ75 pistols.I still think it a good little gun and at a great price thru Century.

Good luck with your RSA made gun.

HI to Shiro, Matt. Joe K and the CZF guys!!
http://come.to/safestar

Project SAfestar-SAP

One of my very good friends has a RAP440 .40cal ad it is a very nice little pistol. It is built like a tank and operates very smoothly. The one time that I shot it I was very pleased with its performance. It had a manageable recoil and was surprizingly accurate. The trigger was crisp in SA and buttery in DA. The only problem I could see would be getting spare parts for it. Otherwise a fantastic value.

CZ75ID - Has the RAP 440 been used by police agencies in South Africa or is this chambering aimed primaily at the "civilian" market?

Back