• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Rankings higher than Senior Member?

El Rojo

Could we make a ranking higher than Senior Member? Once I am a senior member, where is my incentive to post more? Why not have "TFL addict" or "Gun Guru"? Just a suggestion. After all I am nearing my 1000 post mark before too long and I would like an upgrade! Thanks.

A famous crocodile hunter once said this... Can you guess who it was?
We are not so Class Conscious as to need more than [three] Member categories.

There are certain qualities that are more important than sheer quantity of posts. Members who are helpful, articulate and thoughtful are among the most valued on The Firing Line. There are a few "junior members" on TFL whose words I respect more than some with thousands of posts.

Anyone can post a lot, but only a few can post well. :)

Feel free to search the SQ&F forum with the keywords "member" and "status" for more conversation on this topic.

Hope this helps! :)

Ok, lets vote for awards!

Maybe make a ranking system? That might be fun. Or it might be a big waste of time. Just playing around with ideas here.

Higher rankings are already in place. There are four levels. From lowest to highest......
Junior
Senior
Administrater
Owner

Sam

See what I mean!

Caeca Invidia Es posts that and what do you expect? I want my own title now! How about..."Red headed crack shot." or "Red headed crack pot."

How about Shot Ded Crack Head... ;)

I've been to boards where each member has their own "title." While it is certainly fun at first, it tends to be distracting after a while. It also means a lot more work for the staff; and with a membership nearing 12,000 here on TFL... UGH! I don't even want to think about it. :eek:

We have 12000?

Amazing, I didn't know we had nearly 12,000 members. How great is that? I think if it isn't broke, lets not try to fix it. I think all of this would probably just get distracting from the real purpose. I am sure you moderators and such already figured it out, but I had to poke around.

I think senior member is just fine.

If anyone really wanted to give me an appropriate title, it would probably be Message Whore for the sheer number I've dumped on here in less than 2 years...

But hey, at least 3 of them have been directly related to firearms. :)

Back