Rank the following brands (accuracy)

Rank based on accuracy

Sig Sauer, Glock, CZ, Berreta, Taurus,HK

This is strictly based on your experience and all answers are correct. ;)

Here is what I would say IME.....

1. CZ (75,97)
2. Sig Sauer (Classic)
3. HK
4. Glock
5. Taurus (Beretta PT Clones)
6. Beretta (P92/96 series)

Dislaimer: this thread is meant for entertainment purposes only. Opinions shared on this thread in no way reflect ACTUAL accuracy of pistol brands. Additionally, the opinions do NOT reflect those of TFL or its affiliates. Please use this thread as it was designed for, to BS with fellow gun owning friends.

[Edited by Quantum Singularity on 02-10-2001 at 02:21 PM]

Good examples of any of the above gun brands are probably all more accurate than I am. I do not routinely ransom rest my handguns, and the holes usually appear roughly where I want them to whenever I shoot at a target, so I couldn't even tell you which one my most "accurate" handgun is. They all make fist-sized ragged holes at seven yards with a box or two of ball ammo.

QS,

I am shocked! The CZ pistols more accurate than SIGs and HKs? Have you fired your P7M8 lately? I thought you had a Mark 23. The SIG P210 is widely regarded as the most accurate production gun made followed by the HK P7 and Walther P88. I haven't fired a CZ 97 yet, but if can hang with my HK Tactical, I just may get one. Is this for real or are you just stirin' the poop?

JJCII

From your list Quantum:

1) SIG 220 series
2) Beretta 92/96
3) HK USPs
4) Glocks

These models are the ones I've done alot of shooting with.

The CZ I've shot was pretty accurate, but only shot a clip load. No experience with Taurus.

I always stir up the poop, but even when I do I am dead serious. :) I happen to choose controversial subjects and speak my mind (I am not about PC). ;) I choose to leave PC to the Democraps and other polititians! :D

To answer your question,
I never owned or shot the top of the line HK, nor do I have the Mk 23. I Can't comment on those. The HKs I shot were all standard USPs and compact USPs. I have shot Sig 210s and they are extreme tackdrivers....they make CZs look like poop. But, the Sig 210s are not technically a Sig Sauer, they are made by Sig. Because of the slight difference (Sig vs Sig Sauer), I don't think it appropriate to classify the 210 as a Sig Sauer. Anyway, the CZ 75 and 97 in my hands are slightly more accurate than classic Sig Sauer such as 220, 226, 228, 229, 245. I am by no means a huge fan of CZs, but the more I shoot them the more I can see getting at least one (P97 B first since I prefer .45 to 9mm).

BTW, all answers are right! :) Do not be afraid to post ladies and gentlemen. I declare this (and any other thread I start) a flame free zone. :D I have confidence that my fellow TFL members will exhibit their best behavior. Afterall, 99 percent of TFL'ers are great people!

I see, you posted SIG Sauer Classic series. OK.

I apologize for mistaking you for someone else who posted their preference towards HK pistols. I hope you took my post as being a bit tongue and cheek. I haven't learned how to post smiling/winking faces yet.

This is a tough thread to respond to because for each manufacturer I have had both good and bad product samples. For example, from SIG Sauer I have owned the P220 and the P229. The P220 was very accurate while the P229 was mediocre at best. Same is true for Glock (M21 great, M22 not so great). I'll give it a try based on the manufacturer that I have had the best experiences overall:

1. HK (P7M8, Tactical)
2. CZ (75)
3. Glock (21, 22)
4. Berretta (92F)
5. Taurus (PT100)

JJCII

In my hands and reporting only on the guns I've owned:

1. Glock
2. Beretta
3. HK
4. Sig
5. Ruger
6. Taurus

Greeting's All:

Let's see, ya'll know what is the most accurate for me; don't you? :):D Well, just in case you don't, here's my
list:

1) Sig-Sauer P's 220, 225, 226, 228, 229, 239
2) H&K USP (full size)
3) Beretta's 92's F and FS series
4) Glock's 17, 19, 23, 26, & 27
5) CZ

*** Can't rate Taurus autoloader's; cuz I've never
had any experience with them.:(

But, what about Ruger autoloader's?:mad: All my experience's
with these firearms have been positive.:) In particular, their polymer frame autoloader's; and especially their MK-II's.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

Guys I hate to say it but this is a waste of time. Each gun within a given brand can be great or awful. Load development is a very important part of accuracy also. What shoots well in one gun can be inaccurate in another. I have a Glock 34 that shoots under 1 1/4" at 25 yds. I have seen other G34s that won't shoot under 3". I can change my G34's accuracy by going up or down with the powder charge.I shot a Sig the other week that I doubt would group under 4". I doubt any of you has done a CPK study on a large enough sampling of each brand to make an accurate statement. Opinions without documentation are worthless.

I apologize for mistaking you for someone else who posted their preference towards HK pistols. I hope you took my post as being a bit tongue and cheek. I haven't learned how to post smiling/winking faces yet.

No need for an apology. ;) I figured you were joking around in the first place. If you want to learn the smiley faces, here is the link.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/index.php?action=showsmilies

Just scroll down to the proper place. Good luck.

Guys I hate to say it but this is a waste of time.

I must respectfully disagree. We are "shooting the bull" based on personal experience. This thread is for entertainment purposes only, we are not looking for right answers or facts. I humbly suggest to anyone out there rushed for time to skip over this thread (that way it won't be a waste of time). :D

Simply

1. Sig sauer
2. Beretta
3. Browning
4. Taurus
5. 1911

8. Glock

I have no experience with HK or CZ, so I left room for them. For all the Glock lovers out there, I just can't shoot them. They are simply the most uncomfortable handgun I've ever held, and I won't own one. G17, G19, G22, G23 are the only models I've fired. I shoot my S&W 629 .44 better.

Quantum,there are unfortunately new or inexperianced shooters that take things they read on these sites as gospel. A little knowledge, without facts, is a very dangerous thing.

there are unfortunately new or inexperianced shooters that take things they read on these sites as gospel. A little knowledge, without facts, is a very dangerous thing.

You are right. I apologize for not taking that into account. How about I put a disclaimer on the original post warning newbies not to take any of this seriously? That should be a fair compromise.

I added the following to the original post in this thread so that hopefully newbies won't be influenced by our opinions.....

Dislaimer: this thread is meant for entertainment purposes only. Opinions shared on this thread in no way reflect ACTUAL accuracy of pistol brands. Additionally, the opinions do NOT reflect those of TFL or its affiliates. Please use this thread as it was designed for, to BS with fellow gun owning friends

Back