Ranger Rifle , 22 S, L, LR Mod. No. 103-13

Buckley

Searching for illustrated manual showing how to re-assemble the bolt.Took it apart to clean and removed a small set screw that holds the firing pin in place
and cannot get it back together as the set screw , once removed cannot be re- inserted. No idea what company manufactured it except it does have " Made in the U.S.A." on the barrel. It is a tube feed with a 24" barrel. Has a plastic trigger guard which might indicate mid 20th century build date.My guess is that it was a private label gun made for a retail store chain like Sears etc.

Obviously my gunsmith capabilities are severely limited as I have tried to re-assemble it every way I can think of. Appreciate any help you can pass on. Thanks: Buckley

Perhaps a Mossberg ???

My guess is that it was a private label gun made for a retail store chain like Sears etc.
I think you would be right and you would have to coss over. Look in the Blue-Book!!!

Wish you could show me a picture as I think I had one and mine was made by Mossberg. .... :confused:

Be Safe !!!

"...cannot be re-inserted..." Yes, it can. The question is how. I'd almost bet you need to depress the FP spring to get the screw in. Very much a guess though.
The Ranger Model 103-13 is a Marlin Model 81 made for Sears. The drawing on Gunparts is useless. Just a picture of the parts.
You can find a copy of "The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly Part III: Rimfire Rifles" on Amazon. Starts at about $20US. It'll have a how-to. Those books are worth every cent you pay too.

Did you try to push the firing pin back in towards the rear while trying to insert the screw?

I took pictures of what may be the Marlin version, but this venue doesn't take the high level photos. If you wish, I could send it to you directly by e-mail, if you contact me.

Actually, the spring in the bolt may need to be pushed in from the rear of the bolt, so the notch will clear the screw hole.

I took photos of the exploded view and disassembly/assembly instructions for the rifle that I found in my older book.

Good luck

Picher: Thank you for the two photos re:the bolt re - assembly. I enlarged them and printed them out ; but haven`t had any spare time to devote to working on the rifle. Bolt looks similar to mine so need to carve out some time to concentrate on getting it back together. Fall arrived 9/12/19 with first frost and multiple tasks suddenly take precedence over everything else here in ME. Will advise you how rifle work goes. Regards: Buckley

Back