Ranger Point Precision - Loading Gate

KansasTrapper77

I've been looking over the Ranger Point Precision website and I'm pretty confident I'm going to purchase their trigger and cross bolt safety delete piece. But what I can't decide on is the loading gate? Does anyone on here have the Ranger Point loading gate? And what are your thoughts, is it better than the original, is it better than the original for the price?

P.S. if anyone wants to trade a standard lever for my large loop for a Marlin 1895 I'm all ears because $145 for the Ranger Point one is galling me. And I can't find a factory one.

I don't have one, because I don't want the cheap black aluminum or gawdy colored look on my Marlins.
But the guys that have them tend to love them.

Reduced loading force, smoother feeding, no snagging edges, no thumb bite.

I handled a rifle with one a few years ago. It did feel like it would be nice and easy to run.

I just can't stand the anodized aluminum look. I do also have my reservations about longevity. The originals are spring steel. RPP's aluminum will fatigue, crack, and fail far sooner.

I put a RPP no-flop trigger, safety delete, peep sight, and dovetail filler blank on my Marlin 336. I also put the same peep sight on my Henry 45-70. Quality parts!

Attachments

• IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0513.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 30
Back