Ranger .22 rifle

Jeepliberty

Inactive
zombiexrecon

Ranger .22 long rifle. I was told it was a Canadian military training rifle but it looks nothing like the ones I've seen online. Any info is helpful, will post more pictures of needed. Thank you.

IIRC the Ranger brand was a store name used by Sears. Sears never produced any guns, but sub-contracted from manufacters for guns with makers like Savage. Check with Numrich Arms Parts Corp online and they have crossreferences as to the manufacterer.

Ranger .22

I looked at the cross references. Wrote them down, googled them, still nothing.

If it helps the Front and rear sights flip up and down.

I disassembled it for the second time having more time to spend really looking it over I think that the stock is hand made. I'll post pictures if I have time this weekend. Under the barrel it looks to be chiseled out and not cut or routed by a machine. And upon closer inspection of the stock I've noticed that the "lines" although close aren't exact. Thank you for looking and trying to help me identify this rifle.

Looks like a Marlin 100. They were made with a dizzying amount of trade names. See if the Numrich schematic matches your gun.

I've looked at quite a few different ranger rifles made by different companies, none of them match this one I have. I'm doing most of my research from my cellphones Internet browser, so when I get moved into my new place I'll get the Internet set up there and then I'll hopefully have some time to devote to figuring this one out. I took some pictures with my digital camera. So I'll post them when I get an Internet connection for my laptop.

Back