Range Time with my Savage Mark II

Wildshot

Spent 2 1/2 hours at the range on friday and shot up 210 rounds. Had a great time. Easy gun to shoot and very acurate. It is an indoor range with only 25 yards to the targets so I kept the scope at 3 power. The scope came already mounted and at 25 yards it was right on, straight out of the box. There is only two gripes I have about the rifle. First it comes with one magzine of 5 rounds, so there is alot of reloading. Fixed that problem. I bought two 10 round magazines. The 2nd problem is the pull is a little short for me. It is 13 1/2 inch. Think I'll look around and see if I can find a replacement butt plate that will add another inch. Anybody have an idea of where to find one?

If you wouild like the quick, easy, and inexpensive approach, try a "Slip-On Recoil pad. Do a Google or Bing search for "Slip-on Recoil Pad". You can install it yourself and see if it really makes a diffrence. Check the different models for the spacing-pads that are included, several can be combined to get your one inch of extra lenth. Several will have enough padding for up to 1 3/4" of added lenth. I put one on a guide gun I recieved as a gift years back to see if the extra lenth would make a diffrence before I went to the trouble of putting a new pad on the rifle. The slip-on model is still there and yes the extra inch had a major improvement on the comfort level of firing the weapon. Just an idea...maybe it would help...:cool:

Back