Range testing my 365xl vs my hellcat osp

mel80

did some range testing today with my Sig p365xl VS my Sprinfield Hellcat , targets are 6 inch pasters @ 25y shot rapid fire .
the 365xl deffinatly more controllable though i have alot more time/rounds downrange with the sig then i do the hellcat , given some more time with the hell cat i think i could control the snap a lil better, along with getting more used to the u-dot sights on the hellcat vs the more usual 3 dot on the sig

1xejUbw.jpg

r2ufAxa.jpg

p5TzNNY.jpg

Last edited:
It’s a bit hard to tell if/how many shots were out of the circles, but it looks like you held mostly a 4” group with the P365XL. That’s pretty impressive standing while rapid fire at 25 yd. Good shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im not sure on the 365xl but i dont belive i put any off the paster with it , the hellcat on the other hand i know it climbed up and over and i put a few rounds over the top of it

ill have to take a clean board out with me to the range nextime i take my pistols

I just picked up a Hellcat at the gun show yesterday. I was looking between the Hellcat and the Max9. They both felt real good in the hand, triggers were not bad for stock. Honestly it was almost even, but the added capacity and the sights are what tipped the scale. As an added bonus it fits my old King Tuck holster from my LC9s although it’s a bit tight. I think as I use it the leather will conform better making it easier to draw. Funny thing, for whatever reason it conceals better than my LC9s even with the 13 round mag in it. Unfortunately I won’t get to the range until either Tuesday or more likely Wednesday to shoot it. I have a good feeling about this pistol and high hopes I shoot it well.

Nice 25yd. groups from 2 subcompact CC pistols that I would not normally shoot at that distance. S&B is good, reliable and accurate range ammo, I always had good luck with it in my guns.

Last edited:
It is good that you are testing both guns to find which is better suited for you.
Keep up the good work. Let us know later of anymore comparison of these two fine guns.

Last edited:
I got to the range and put 150 rounds of three different loads thought the Hellcat and I’m liking this gun. At ten yds I was a bit low and to the left, I drifted the rear sight a bit after I got home and will head back tomorrow to test it out. I’m hoping I have the windage right and don’t mind if it shoots low, I think a combat hold will fix that. I had no mechanical issues with the three different loads so I’m happy with that. I will say one slightly negative thing, the springs in the mags are pretty stiff. Even with the Uplula the last couple rounds were challenging.

That's good shooting regardless of the pistol used. Looks like more rounds on the Hellcat target though.

It is good that you are testing both guns to find which is better suited for you.
Keep up the good work. Let us know later of anymore comparison of these two fine guns.

i do need to spend more time with the hellcat with more practice i know i can tighten the groups up with it , i would really like to swap the u dot sights for some more traditional 3 dots and i bet that alone would make a big difference.

i do love and carry both guns everyday, which gun just depends on what ill be doing.

sometime soon ill drag theese 2 back upto the range and throw a mp shield ez 9mm and a fullsized 1911 into the mix just for s n giggles , normally this time of year im out practicing with my rifles instead of my handguns

I do not like U dot either. Actually for the Micro 9mm's I prefer to blacken out the rear sight all together. I find for point and shoot skills, it is faster. The rear sight for me is actually distracting.
(But then again, I do not shoot them at 25yds)

mel80, I appreciate the range test accounting. Who makes the two holsters shown and what's your opinion of them? Thanks.

yeah i really like the rear sight on the sig , ive also been thinking about putting a reddot on the hellcat possibly, i had one on my glock 19 which was fun for the range but i wouldnt carry it , on the tiny lil hellcat though prolly wouldnt even notice it when carrying it

mel80, I appreciate the range test accounting. Who makes the two holsters shown and what's your opinion of them? Thanks.

the hellcat is in a bradec holster https://bradecholsters.com/ if which i realy like i have 2 for the hellcat the one in the pic for appendix and behind the hip , and then i have another in left hand without the claw i use if i wanna carry on my back

the sig is in a spider concealment holster https://spiderconcealment.com/
i love this holster for the sig its comfortable as hell , the top is flared for easy reholstering and is also optics cut , and the j hooks are also tuckable . only thing id like to change on this holster is the plastic clips to metal but the plastic clips are holding up just fine

i really do like the sidecar style holsters so i plan on buying one of theese 2 for my hellcat as well since spider doesnt make one for the hellcat
https://apocalypseholsters.com/products/rush-appendix-holster-no-weapon-light
https://apocalypseholsters.com/products/outbreak-appendix-holster

Last edited:
Nice work at 25 yards! I was able to fire both of these yesterday (well the 365, not xl). I thought the 365 had a much lighter trigger making it easier for me to aim/control but not sure I could ccw a gun with that light a trigger pull, it almost felt like an SA gun. It sealed the deal for me to start looking for a deal on a hellcat. Hellcat felt a tad better in my hands too but that is definitely just preference.

I got to the range and put 150 rounds of three different loads thought the Hellcat and I’m liking this gun. At ten yds I was a bit low and to the left, I drifted the rear sight a bit after I got home and will head back tomorrow to test it out. I’m hoping I have the windage right and don’t mind if it shoots low, I think a combat hold will fix that. I had no mechanical issues with the three different loads so I’m happy with that. I will say one slightly negative thing, the springs in the mags are pretty stiff. Even with the Uplula the last couple rounds were challenging.

just a heads up
https://hyve-technologies.com/product/1-3-for-the-springfield-hellcat/
and they fit better then the factory bases i only bought 1 at first and i run it on my flush fit 11 rd mag bringing it to 14 rds , need to buy one more for the 13rd mag

Interesting. Thanks. I too am considering a red dot for this pistol. They really are so small and if I can’t get the Hellcat to shoot to the POA I may give one a try. I have a few different loads I’m going to try some time this week. If one of these loads works fine with the stock sights then I’m fine, I actually like the stock sights pretty good.

Nice work at 25 yards! I was able to fire both of these yesterday (well the 365, not xl). I thought the 365 had a much lighter trigger making it easier for me to aim/control but not sure I could ccw a gun with that light a trigger pull, it almost felt like an SA gun. It sealed the deal for me to start looking for a deal on a hellcat. Hellcat felt a tad better in my hands too but that is definitely just preference.
My feelings as well when I tested the gun. I am a DAO shooter but if I were interested in a hi cap micro9 I would loot\k at the Taurus GX4. Watching the Hickcock45 review he talked about about the trigger as having a heavier and a distinct or Deliberate pull at the wall. Which makes a lot more sense than a lighter trigger for EDC. Paul Harrell also mentioned this and made a comment that if you do put it into your pocket be sure and have a good holster. Which I have learned from the watching so many reviews is actually a warning that the trigger is light. That said, many now these days want the lightest trigger possible so in that regards it will not be a issue for many. Actually I know some owners actually buy trigger kits to make them even lighter.

Last edited:
My feelings as well when I tested the gun. I am a DAO shooter but if I were interested in a hi cap micro9 I would loot\k at the Taurus GX4. Watching the Hickcock45 review he talked about about the trigger as having a heavier and a distinct or Deliberate pull at the wall. Which makes a lot more sense than a lighter trigger for EDC. Paul Harrell also mentioned this and made a comment that if you do put it into your pocket be sure and have a good holster. Which I have learned from the watching so many reviews is actually a warning that the trigger is light. That said, many now these days want the lightest trigger possible so in that regards it will not be a issue for many. Actually I know some owners actually buy trigger kits to make them even lighter.
I’ve been shooting my Hellcat for a couple weeks now and love it, the trigger on the Hellcat sounds just like the kind you would like. I just nailed two loads today that shoot POA and am just going to shoot the heck out of it.

Back