Range Report

softscrubb

Finally got a chance to take some of my rifles out.

Took the Mosin 91/30, K98, Enfield NO4Mk1 and Garand to the local outdoor range yesterday. By the end of the day I had a huge smile on my face, an even bigger bruise on my shoulder and a gigantic appreciation for those fighting men who used them during WWII in combat.

I am completely amazed at how accurate each of those rifles were at 100 yards, using iron sights by an untrained (on those rifles) shooter. I have become spoiled with shooting my modern semi-auto rifles.

Of the four rifles, I really like the feel in my hand of the K98, the smooth action of the Enfield and loved everything about the Garand. I liked the Mosin, but damn that thing is a beast to shoot.

After about a total of 300 rounds through the four guns, my shoulder feels like hamburger and no doubt will be sore for a few days. But completely worth it.

I'm a fan of the enfield no4 myself. it was my first milsurp and is, to this day, my favorite. springfield 1903s are a close second with mosin nagants barely registering. maybe both of mine just have shoddy bores. haven't gotten the chance to shoot a garand yet, I am just a little bit jealous.

Back