• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Range Report section?

The one thing I would love to see added to this board, even though I know it is probably too much trouble to do, would be a range report section where members could post write-ups and reviews of their firearms.

Sounds like a great idea. It would be a good source of information. The manufacturers may resent the premise of accurate unbiased reporting from a source without their "sponsorship".

I believe it would be used and supported by members.

The challenge would be to have threads specific to models that members critique with a standard outline in order to be useful, not just randomly formatted threads.

Actually, a couple members from here and/or THR had started a forum dedicated to user range reports, but it had little traffic,in spite of being adverstised here and on THR, nd appearing like it had a lot of interest. It has long since been heavily overridden with spam for "male enhancement" items, Ipods, etc. I have attempted to contact the owner and mods there several times to point out the spam, to try and revive the site, as I thouht it was a great idea/resource too, but wih no response.If the owner here doesnt want to add a secion, someone could always start a new one similar to this.I'd be happy to help and particpate.
http://www.rangereports.com/index.php

Last edited:
A "range report" section would be outstanding. Slap a "sticky" on it and try to get people to follow a set format would be a nice touch.

A "range report" section would be outstanding. Slap a "sticky" on it and try to get people to follow a set format would be a nice touch.
I would not be too worried about the format..as long as people get their opinion across.

Plus, trying to get people on this board to follow a format is like trying to herd feral cats. :)

Plus, trying to get people on this board to follow a format is like trying to herd feral cats.

ROFL!!!:D

A set of basic guidelines would help though. "Me an' Billy Ray shot up a buncha beer cans" leaves a little to be desired.

I'd post a range report for a revolver in the Handguns: The Revolver Forum.

Similarly, a semiauto pistol in the Handguns: The Semiauto Forum.

Likewise, there is the The Art of the Rifle forum for range reports on rifles.

Need I go on?

Well, Bud, that's great, but I think these posters are looking for something more specific. How about a section that is referenced by gun type, manufacturer, model, etc., with range reports and personal reviews listed for each gun? That would prevent users from sifting through many unrelated threads when searching for information on a specific gun.

I know they are looking for something more specific. We could have a forum for 4" barrelled Model 429s, and so on. There's nothing wrong with making the suggestion or asking the question, but we aren't here to replace all the other really excellent boards on the internet that already do this.

Back