Range Pics!

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
For the last couple of days, my dept. has been engaged in our semi-annual re-qualifications. Today was make-up day and I had time to shoot a few pictures. I didn't get to the range in time for pistol or shotgun requals., but I did manage to get a few with our M-16's and Colt 9mm DEA subguns. Enjoy.

attachment.php

This one's just so y'all can drool :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

"Lemme at 'em!" Erick really gets into his work :D.

Attachments

• PA020326.JPG
    PA020326.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 988
  • PA020328.JPG
    PA020328.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 923
  • PA020337.JPG
    PA020337.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 933
A couple more...

attachment.php

Hey! Who put a wall here?

attachment.php

All right; who shrunk the doggone gun! (the stock extends dummy! :D)

attachment.php

"Run & Gun" Lateral engagement on the move.

Attachments

• PA020352.JPG
    PA020352.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 897
  • PA020361.JPG
    PA020361.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 4,611
  • PA020389.JPG
    PA020389.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 894
And last but not least,

attachment.php

Flashlight exercise. Note the welder's googles to simulate night firing. Doggone department won't pay overtime for a real night exercise :mad:.

attachment.php

Sometimes I think they got these M-16's at an antique shop. The barrels are so worn that we can get on paper at 50 yards, but that's about it :(.

Attachments

• PA020401.JPG
    PA020401.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 882
  • PA020403.JPG
    PA020403.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 859
Thanks Bob. I have that link stickyed in Tactics & Training. It's under "Free Professional Training". (Hey, it's not my thread ;)).

Not to be a twit but you don't require your folks to have safety glasses on?
Sadly, no Billy :(. It's not my call. If it were, trust me, it would be mandatory. As for me, I won't shoot without 'em.

Our previous range officer retired last year. He was really serious about it. He taught cutting edge techniques and fought for extra range sessions, better equipment, better funding, etc. At the end of each session, he held a steel plate shoot and gave out trophies and plaques. Guys got into it and enjoyed themselves. As a result, most of our dept. were pretty good shooters.

Our current RO is kinda ho-hum. Now we do the minimum required by the state and funding is almost non-existent. Guys grumble about going to the range and skills are deteriorating.

Personally, I'm glad retirement isn't far off :(.

I understand, just curious. Now that even the military is going to people wearing eye protection it seems odd to see someone not wearing it.

Back