Range Finder

kodiak

I am interested in purchasing a rangefinder for varmint hunting
and target shooting. Would the forum participants like to share their
experiences and or recommendations on what model to buy. Thanks :confused:

I've used Bushnell's Yardage Pro 1000 for several years and have been pleased with it's performance. Suggested retail is a little over $600, but "real world" prices are closer to $350-$400. I think Cabela's catalog lists it for around $370.

Bushnell

Thanks Denny.

Thats what I have my eye on. So far the lowest cost Ive found
on the internet is $319.95. :cool:

Slightly behind the times.

I have a Bushnell Yard Pro 400. Used it for two years now - very dependable, though can be a bit dark if light is fading.

Conscious later models have longer range spec. Mine works fine to 200 yds plus, but anything over 300yds needs a perfect target to get a reflection.

If later models are the same, I recommend looking at something giving stated performance at least 200yds beyond what you are likely to need. Or shoot shiny red animals!

kodiak, I have used the Leica and the Bushnell 1000 unit. I probably like the Leica a little more cause of the great optics and its ability to range on objects further out. The Bushnell 1000 unit is a good solid unit though. BTW you might also want to check out BearBasin.com on rangefinders. They also pay for shipping and ship as quick as a bat out of heck.

Back