Range day!

Surp

I have never shot any of my rifles at anything other than 100 yards before this but on my way out I had some rounds left and wanted to see what they could do at 50 so I busted off a few quickies.

The K-31 wearing a 4-12x40. Really not too impressed for a rifle I have heard so much about and lusted after, especially one thats wearing a decent scope but It could've just been me. Plus I still need to work with it more and I guess it wouldn't be to bad without the flyer. (Shooting table no rest)
CAM00252_zps40879fbf.jpg

Around 20 rounds rapid fire from a 10/22 I have lightly customised. (Bipod)
CAM00253_zpscf260e11.jpg

The five shot group is from the swede and the two shots are from the K98. Both with open sights.(Shooting table no rest)
CAM00250_zpsfaabe15e.jpg

From the rifle you either love or hate a 4 shot group from Old Abomination (My custom but 100% completely reversible Mosin). I finally shot some groups with ammo other than some old 46 russian lead core I have. It seemed to bring the rifle more to where I felt it should be and made me a proud papa.

50 yards 1/2 inch or less. (bipod)
CAM00254_zps31237116.jpg

100 yards around an inch. (Just a concrete shooting table with no rest or bipod)
CAM00189_zps5cf8defd.jpg

Last edited:
out of curiosity, are you sure that the K31 would not shoot better with iron sights?

at least you've shot them... I've been avoiding the range since it hit triple digit temperatures.

out of curiosity, are you sure that the K31 would not shoot better with iron sights?

The way it's setup I can use both scope and irons but to tell you the truth I have yet to try it with iron sights. I know I personally probably could not shot it better with irons at 100+ but maybe at 50. I really should have tried but like I said I was on the way out and wasn't really thinking about it. Guess I have got something to try next trip.

at least you've shot them... I've been avoiding the range since it hit triple digit temperatures.
I was sweating like a pig and the guns were hot... It was all sun with no shade or clouds in sight but it was still not as bad as last time. Also after I was done I went to a nice spring fed creek for a cooldown and some fishing.

I need to take the K-31 out to 100 yards sometime soon. It shot okay at 50 but I think that was just me. Looks like you got some pretty good groups.

I also agree with iron sights on the K-31 if you haven't shot with them yet.

Back