Random ammo purchase

Mr. Hill

Walking through my LGS, I found boxes of American eagle 124 grain 9mm FMJ ammo on sale for $12. I walked out with a box to add to the ammo stash for the Walther P-1. It's nice that sales are popping up and I can randomly pick up a box or two of ammo every once in a while.

I agree. What I like even more is that I don't feel the need to pick up ammo just because it is on sale or available, to keep politics out of it I will just leave it at that.

Last time I bought ammo, was quite a few years ago. I bought a full pallet full of various calibers.

I sold some, made almost all of my money back, and kept enough to keep me in ammo until I die.

Yeah I agree, Targa. Choices and inventory have increased and prices seem to be going down. It's a good direction for a change!

Regardless I still buy a couple boxes of some caliber for "stock" and try to keep an min of 500 per caliber on hand.

A gun with out ammo is a good club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really stocked up prior to the election. I should have enough for me and my friends to shoot for a couple years. But it is nice to actually have a decent selection at local stores. I'll still make a small ammo purchase from time to time even though I don't really need it.

Yup the whole experience of not being able to buy .22 LR for almost 5 years taught me a lesson about keeping a stock of ammo for my guns. They really aren't useful without ammo!

Back