Ramshot Hunter

kilotanker22

Anyone use it in their 6.5 Creedmoor? Running low on H-4350 (4 pounds left) and I can't get anymore. Midsouth has Hunter in stock and judging by the load data available from Hodgdon, it seems to be right in the wheelhouse like H-4350 for burn rate. My only concern is ignition. I use SRP brass, and I am worried that in the cold weather, Hunter might not be a good option.

Any feedback on this powder in the 6.5 Creedmoor with 140 grain bullets would be appreciated.

It appears to be a spherical powder. Westers data is all listed with LRP. I would personally use magnums if your running small primer pockets.

Yes. Primary powder for our 6.5CMs. 120 to 145s.

We have shot it in matches and hunting in Temps from 10F to 90F. Did not have any issues at all.

Keep this under your hat. :)

It appears to be a spherical powder. Westers data is all listed with LRP. I would personally use magnums if your running small primer pockets.
Oh yeah man, I do not even use non-magnum small rifle primers for anything. I use the CCI 450 for the Creedmoor. Being a flattened spherical powder was the cause for my ignition concerns.

Hunter has become one of the more stocked powders in my local area.
So, i started trying it in some of my other cartridges.
284 Win, 257 Roberts, 257 Roberts AI, 250 Savage.
Seems closer to 4831 & RL19 than the 4350s to me.

Good to know. I tried H4831 SC in my Creedmoor and it seemed like an ok powder. I just need something that works and I can get. H-4350 has been a little difficult to get even before the plandemic. I got awfully lucky to find the last two eight-pound jugs I had

For your case volume, i think Hunter should work well with the heavier bullets. 140gr plus.
Not too sure how it would work with lighter weight bullets.
It may be too slow burning for them.

Back