Ramrod Holder Question

Sportdog

Yesterday when shooting at a deer I managed to break the plastic band that goes around the barrel and has a hole that the ramrod goes through to hold it stable. The gun is a CVA Mag Hunter 50 caliber. When I called CVA to get the part replaced and I described the part that I needed the service rep called this part a "thimble". Does that sound right to you guys? I hope that I'm getting the right part. Thanks for any help.:)

Thank you for the reply Mike! I feel better than I did before that I will get the right part from CVA. It's pretty cool that I get an answer from a guy who has the same last name as I do! Again, Thank you very much.:)

I've got one of those too! I like the way the scope and sabots reach out and touch things when I want (or should I say Need) to put venison in the freezer. It's been a tough year for deer hunting for me and the freezer was bare. I'm not happy about the plastic parts but the gun shoots like a dream so I'll live with the plastic.:D

No more talks about panties. Rich doesn't have a lingere or BOTD forum here at TFL.

Back to the original question, while we in America refer to that part as a thimble, our English cousins call them a pipe.

Update

Thanks for all the helpful posts and the humor! I did receive the exact "thimble" that I needed from CVA. Props to their customer service and prompt attention to my needs. I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas and wish you all a Happy New Year! Thanks again!:)

Back