RAMPANT in Rampart ?

HS

From todays Sunday Mail paper :
A PROBE of the LA Police Dept. has uncovered seven "questionable shootings" which are now under investigation.
A Police review has identified "five or six shootings" with "several more" expected to be added.
Also under investigation are allegations that :
A Police Sgt. instructed Officers from an anti-gang unit to plant guns on unarmed suspects.
The same Sgt. was involved in the shooting of unarmed Javier Ovando in 1996.
Oficers stole drugs from Dealers, then used street prostitutes to sell the drugs.
Officerskept an appartment for sexual liasons with prostitutes & as a "crash pad" for on-duty LEO's to have sex with their girlfriends.
All allegations relate to Rampart station, near downtown LA.
Lt. Dan Hoffman, the Inspector in charge has
said that 13 Officers have been suspended or sacked .
To Serve & Protect ?
More like to "Pilfer & Profit !" ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

And "they" say we're the ones that are dangerous with guns...!

------------------
---
I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! - RKBA!

HS: If I heard Police Abuse of Authority, I am not very much surprise anymore.

In the PI alone rampant of these kind. But many ended in Jails if not being shot by the counter elite or vigilante or any group to clean bad eggs.

Planting guns/drugs/marijuana or other illegal practices are normal tactics of them.

Sometimes, a layman never ask help anymore from them for there is fear of not being help or be victimized also.

What makes me feel bad is: the good or innocent cops are also affected by the bad image of the few.

This is an on and off occurences. That is why sometimes the respect and trust to the police is lessen. Maybe this is caused by the training they've got.

Before I am too much against of it, but later on I come to realize that I must understand because of many factors:
1. Training
2. Economic problems
3. Vices
4. They feel that they are untouchable people with their uniforms.

The same thing to some military who were involve in crimes. These people has a psychological disorder gained from their training or combat experience.

I did not go to war yet, but I had also training in the Philippine Marines "175Marine BAsic Class", only I went AWOL and did not serve regularly. My experienced on those days of training, a person is moulded as fighter, their mind are condition with the especialty to kill. So, even I am a small guy but my mind is trained to kill and kill, I look myself as very capable man to kill and overpower a bigger opponent. My point here is, if those training will be translated into comitting a crime is very dangerous.

Thus, at this time I will do my best not to have encounter with someone having police or military training if I could. I enjoy being in the Civilian Life.

[This message has been edited by stdalire (edited October 24, 1999).]

As an LEO I'll feel better when the dirtbags are charged, tried, and imprisoned, if found guilty.
And placed in the prison's general population. Oh yes and I think they should have special numbers on their new uniforms. Dirty Cop #1, Dirty Cop #2......etc.

Hanging is too good for a Dirtbag with a Badge. :(

Ray, so that's how you tell a clean Cop from a dirty Cop....
By his LAUNDARY ! ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

[This message has been edited by HS (edited October 24, 1999).]

Note that it was cops who discovered, investigated, and did their level best to bring the bad cops to justice. Imagine the guts that takes when you might not be sure who is involved! (Your partner? Your boss?)

THAT is housecleaning of the highest order. Here's a pat on the back for the Good Guys (and Gals) who do their best to "protect and serve".

The six folks in my little clan appreciate them and support them.

I'll second that one, Dennis. I know a couple of people in my small hometown who could blow whistles on some interesting details about the cops, mayor, etc.--but they're scared to do it. To be honest, I can't really fault them for their decision, but I do applaud the cops who had the guts to stand up and say this was wrong for real.

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

Yes, Dennis, I must give the investigators each an "AttaBoy" But if you've ever seen an AttaBoy certificate, you know that it takes many of them to reach the next award, but only one "Aw S**t!" to wipe them all out. It's a shame that people like this are even allowed to put on the uniform. I realize that there is no certain method of weeding the "bad" ones out, but surely some of this could have been discovered and stopped earlier than it was?

Again, my hat's off to those that have the ability andthe desire to investigate one of thier own. And to those Honest LEOs that are out there every day trying to put the "regular" bad guys away, too.

Back