Ram Priming

Danb6177

Hello all, first of all do you guys use these? It looks like my choices are a Ram prime unit or using the feel method with my press (rock chucker) or using a hand priming unit which look a bit pricey.
If I do get a Ram prime unit how big of a difference is there between the RCBS and the Lee unit. Lee is half the price
Thanks!

sorry, this is not an answer to your question. but, i have always used the rcbs hand primer, i can testify that the feel from that tool tells me a lot about primer seating. there is one querk with the rcbs hand primer that could be better, when changing primer size it's a little tricky getting the ball and socket to line up while assembling the tool. not a biggy but still worth mentioning.

I second the rcbs hand primer tool, luckily I have 2, 1 was a gift after I already had 1...set up for both large and small primers..You get a good feel if your primers are going in too easy or to tight, never miss a stroke and they are much quicker than doing on a single stage press..just my .02 cents...

Just watched a few videos on the hand primer tool. Pretty cool and super easy to use. Maybe I should just spend the extra and go with that over the ram primer. Its pretty fast it looks like as well

I never have used the Ram Primers. Just don't like em.

I started using the RCBS universal 10 years back more or less. I like it. I don't use the tray that falls out, I just single feed primers into it.

Previous primer tool was a Lee hand type. RCBS universal much better (though the spring goes sprang from time to time if you don't reseat it)

I had thought about the Lee tool, looks nice, takes more bench space.

Lee cautions against using Federal primers with their bench unit. No such restrictions with the RCBS Universal hand primer which has a safety gate to isolate chain detonations.
Don’t know enough about it to make an argument. But looks like Lee got sued for someone’s primer tray blowing up. Not sure if it was the federal primers or operator error. To your point tho, no restrictions on the RCBS.

Back