• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Raise a toast to The Firing Line

Glock 31

I just want to say how impressed I am with how this site is run.

I cruise several forum sites at night, at work, when I have nothing to do. In particular I frequent The Firearms Forum in addition to this one. And the difference between TFF and TFL is blatantly apparent. The Firearms Forum seems to have no moderation whatsoever. They have threads and topics more closely related to the seventh circle of hell than they are to firearms.

To quote some of the threads;

Yesterday, with no rain and just a very light wind, a pecan tree across the street decided to drop a huge limb on the neighbor's house. Actually, it wasn't a limb, it was a section of trunk where the trunk had forked. Local nursery/landscaper brought a bucket truck and crane to get it off the house, which took three or four hours. In working to get this chunk of tree off the lady's house, they must have loosened something, because ten minutes after they had gotten everything off her house, another chunk fell out of the tree without warning. This one landed right on the electrical wires leading to her house. By this time it had been raining for a while, so we had live electrical wires down on wet ground.

Talk about electricity gone berserk! We had

Yeah, like trees give warnings when they drop crap on people's houses.

and

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f22/kathykean/?action=view&current=KITTENS.gif

are some of the examples. I mean I know general discussion means "general", but come on.

I'm not really knocking the site, i'm just saying we seem to have much more motivated and involved moderators running things here.

So thanks, and keep up the good work. Without you guys and this site, I might actually have to work for my paycheck.:D :cool:

We'd rather you don't knock other sites here, Glock 31. TFF is a fine forum that just has a different set of rules for their General Discussion forum:
TheFirearmsForum said:
GENERAL DISCUSSION
A Place To Discuss Any Topics At All.
Seems pretty clearly defined to me; anything goes, within the rules.

With that said, thank you for your kind comments. :)

-Dave

Back