Raging Bull

Drundel

Hey guys I have a question for ya, I was at the gun store picking my Benelli case (took 6 months!) and they had a used Raging Bull 454 Casull for $425. It looked pretty clean, but I don't know much about Taurus, are they a good gun? Will this caliber rattle the gun to pieces? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

454 Raging Bull is a very tough gun. I have had good experiences with Taurus. $415 sounds like a decent price if it is in good condition. I'd consider it.

Sounds like a good gun at a great price to me. Of course that depends on it's actual condition. I don't think that it will shake the Taurus appart but the caliber might shake you appart though. If its in great shape then go for it.

I don't imagine that it has had very many rounds shot through it. You might want to check it carefully to see it it was dropped on the concrete. All reports say they are a very tough reliable gun. The price is definitely reasonable if you have a need for a large hand cannon, and who amongst us doesn't. You will need to handload to be able to afford to shoot it like it needs to be shot. Like the .50DE ammo ain't cheap.

I can afford any of the (production) 454's, and had the boss's OK to buy one. Shot the Freedom Arms, the Ruger, and the Taurus.

I bought the Taurus. A real pussycat to shoot, I've been using it in my basic pistol classes for a while now...the youngest and smallest person to shoot it was an eight-year-old girl (with her parent's permission). She had no problems destroying bowling pins :)

A

Agree with the afore mentioned post. The 454 Taurus shoots smoother than most 44 mags I've fired. I have a Bull and it is very fun to shoot. Imagine a round that is twice as powerful as a 44 Mag, but less recoil and you've got the Raging Bull. The Ruger is a fine gun also, but not as smooth as the Bull

Now holster?

Thanks all for posting, I am now the owner of a 6.5 inch. Now I am looking for a nylon holster for my 6.5 inch w/o a scope. Anyone know of any?

Thanks

I tried to find prices/information but looked like I needed to be a dealer/retailier in order to find that information out. Looks like they have quite a bit of stuff available, but doesn't look like the average Joe could take advantage of it. TropicalZ, any insight??

I agree with Lightsped, I'd buy one for $289 in a minute!

Snake

If you can get it for that price, grab it.
Taurus has a lifetime guarantee.
I have shot one and accuracy is good.
Recoil is less than I expected also.
Sounds like a good deal.

ammo cost...

Remember, you can shoot cheaper .45 Colt ammo out of it for practice. Which leaves me to wonder. There's a Taurus Raging Bull in .45 Colt that holds 6 rounds, but the the .454 Casull only holds five. Now, seeing as how the .45 colt rounds can be used in .454 guns, I'm assumign .454 is based on the .45 colt, but has a longer case length and a thicker case. So, then, how come the .454 is only a five shot when the .45 colt is six? I don't get it.

I saw the $289 price in my FFL's catalog.It sure is tempting, but the price of .454 & LC ammo holds me back.Call your dealer and if he's on file at Zanders,he'll have a catalog.

Back