raging bull VS SRH

scoops

i want a new hand cannon.im sure both the taurus RB and ruger SRH are both very durable but seems like the RB with 5 shot cylinder would be stronger?what do you think.im waiting for the taurus to come out with the .480.both are chambered in .454 so there should be info on durability there.ive herd the .480 is more enjoyable to shoot than the .454????

I've shot both and if I end up buying either, it will definitely be the Super Redhawk. It is hands down a more enjoyable gun to shoot, in my opinion. The Taurus just doesn't quite feel right. I think I liked the looks of the "Bull" a little better to begin with but now the Ruger has grown on me and if I don't get one in .454 I *WILL* have one in .44Mag.

R6

The 5 shot Taurus cylinder might be stronger than the Rugers, differences in manufacturing might mean the real difference. But the Ruger has got to have the strongest double action frame built today and is less likly to shoot loose over time from full power rounds. Of course few people are going to shoot enough full bore rounds for this to really matter, but you may be the exception.

In identical guns the 480 will have less felt recoil than the 454, it's a less powerfull round so generates less recoil.

I'll comment WESHOOT2, Smiths are to small, Taurus already makes 454 and 480 factory guns, Dan Wessons to uncommon, Anacondas are no longer made and are expensive.

Just a couple weeks ago on another board I asked if anyone know of any gunsmiths doing 454/480/50 caliber conversions on the Anaconda platform, no responses. I would think a 5 shot 480 or 454 Anaconda would be a nice revolver, guess I'm the only one.

For many years the single action Ruger was about the only platform available for the big guns to be built on, then some like Bowen started doing the big conversions on the Redhawk/SuperRedhawk. At this point Ruger has the history of working on them so that's what people use - you may have noticed that many gun people, especially those involved in custom sixguns, are very resistant to change.

Back