Radom P-35 information needed

gagliano1770

Inactive
I have a late war Radom SN g 035x. I would ask the membership if they are able to provide the following info:
--- when was this pistol manufactured
--- where was it manufactured
--- any other information that would add to it's historical interest

Many thanks in advance !

As far as I know, there really aren't any serial number production records for Radom handguns made under Nazi occupation.

The best way to "date" them is by the various features.

Early guns will have both the disassembly latch and the hammer drop and a generally overall better quality of finish and fit.

Later guns will have only the hammer drop (which, as slightly modified, doubles as a disassembly latch). The finish has started to suffer, showing lots of tool marks.

As the war neared the end stages, the hammer drop was discontinued, the grip panels became very crude (and generally wood, as opposed to the earlier plastic type), and finishing was pretty much neglected/ignored.

As Mike said, I've never found a simple listing of serial numbers.

With that said, you need to know that there were three series of serial numbers. There are commonly referred to the "Pre-Alphabet Series","First Alphabet Series" and the "Second Alphabet Series".

The Pre-Alphabet Series had no letter preceding the serial number.

The First Alphabet Series had a letter (A-Z) preceding the number AND had 3 levers on the left side of the pistol. Finish of this period of pistols was very good polished blue. Small head grip screws were phased out at the end of the "Z" serial number block.

The Second Alphabet Series had a letter (A-K) preceding the serial number AND had only 2 levers on the left side of the pistol. As the Second Alphabet Series progressed (or I should say digressed) the finish became poor to very poor, dull, and rough. Beginning with the "A" serial number block came the large head grip screws.

Somewhere in the Second Alphabet Series around the "G" or "H" prefix, grips changed to wood slabs with horizontal lines. (I wouldn't place much value in this change because grips were easy to replace, exchange, etc, and were found often in the late Second series Alphabet series regardless of serial number prefix.) Occasionally, clear plexiglass type panels were found on pistols with a photo under them of the soldiers family member(s).

There is an example in the Second Alphabet Series with the serial number of G839X that has the two levers, and still has Bakelite Radom grips. It has a flat, dull finish and shows fewer external machining marks than some of it's predecessors. It is thought that this is attributed to a slow down in production (a form of sabotage). One of the last known pistols produced was of the Second Alphabet Series, serial number K913x.

As you can see, production recorded history on the Radom is not the best but this should give you a little more insight on your example.

Last edited:
OP, try this site:
http://www.tague.at/pistolen/index.htm?/pistolen/pages/en_radom.htm

With VIS Mod.35 pistols, while there is no definitive serial number list that I know of, the general characteristics of your gun will somewhat narrow down when it was manufactured. The link I posted will likely give you the best shot at a general idea of the time frame in which it was produced.

Mine is a three lever made in 1942.
IMG_6550-L.jpg

Back