radom owners

brnhp35

Inactive
haven't posted anything in ages....
I have been brought 2 polish radoms both nazi type 3's one good shape one less ..the owner advised that the one in good shape is so can see how should work... when decock the gun in better shape's decocker stays down and has to be "released" with a flick up of the thumb ..the other gun automatically springs back..i have been digging through reference materials and can find no mention of this even JB Woods old trouble shooting your handgun book only mentions the telescoping spring guide as a weakness...another thing is someone else has worked on them before and peened the firing pin stop in place so cant take apart to check internals...basic question is does your decocker spring back or stay down when activated?

Had one (1969). P64 Decocker/Safety stayed down.

2010/09/29
Sorry, when I saw Radom, I thought P64.

Last edited:
Hehehehehe... :o

That's what I just assumed you were talking about, HP.

I have a P35 that has the decocker but no takedown latch. Love that gun, but a few years ago it started being spotty on extraction.

There is a music wire spring that returns the decocking lever to its upright position. It's easily made.

BTW, on the late guns without the takedown latch (that looks like an M1911 safety), the lower arm of the decocker fits into the notch on the hammer to hold the slide in takedown position.

Jim

Back