RACE-Guns not a surety of being reliable

The Observer

In a recent shooting competition (local IPSC) I had compete with, I witnessed several race-guns that became inoperable after pumping several shots on targets.

It came to my mind that race-gun or much modified guns are not surety to make a pistol reliable.

This is just my contribution to think of, to those who wants to modify so much of their toys.

Thank you

Your experience mirrors my own, except I have witnessed virtually every brand, type, and kind of handgun available fail in competition.

You name it, I've seen it fail (except some of the extremely new guns, like the Steyr, Walther M2, etc.).

Oh, except my custom "Standard" EAA 9mm Witness (thank you, Bob Cogan at AP&W).

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

Westshoot & xxero: I am glad to hear your comments.

Last week, I had a target practice with my 9mm using reload (lead bullets), I am wondering why it keeps jamming or being misfeed. I thought it is my gun that has defects. I run factory bullets for two mags and it goes flawlessly. I examine the reload bullets and many were not exactly fit the barrel (rear)some reloaded bullets are bulging. Now, I just want to know what causes things like this. From this Experience
I won't use a reload bullets on my 9mm anymore if not well inspected or being fit to the barrel before shooting.

I brought up this matter to say that, 9mm for target shooting is so sensitive if it comes to using reloads, unlike to the .45 1911's that it almost eat all kinds of bullets even they are reloads.

Westshoot, your qoute "All my ammo is factory ammo" is good to keep in mind always.

Back