Rabbit hunting in MD. Where to go?

Toshmo

Inactive
I have tried hunting for rabbits on public land in Montgomery County and have had no luck. I don't use dogs (don't have any). Anyone have any suggestions? I like hunting this time of year but hate getting skunked all the time. TIA!!

I too hunt MD's scant public hunting lands but in charles county I don't have any dogs and don't want any. I have had some luck finding the rabbits but no luck shooting them what I shadiest you do is find a person with dogs that will take you

90 % of montgomery county is a no fire zone except for the northern end.

you can not even fire a paintball rifle!

dZ

well MD's @$$ hole govener is no help with anything good for guns ,but he istrying to get them out of good peoples hands. you should come to charles county. I do some hunting at myrtle grove public land and target range.

handgunhunting
Do any good in Charles County? Never been there. This Myrtle Grove public land and target range, are you allowed to sight in rifles? Can you just go there and plink? Does it cost anything and is it "supervised"??

myrtle grove is a 100 yard range you have to get a permet but it is not bad $5.00 for 1 day or $10.00 for a year with a hunting licens. you can shoot all but the biggest bore guns. They have severl fields for rabbit hunters and it is not to bad for squirrel and deer.

I was just there on Saturday!

handgunhunting: I was at Myrtle Grove on Saturday sighting in my Ar15, were you there too?

Kharn

sorry Kharn IO do not go to the range on weekends. with my job i am off every other day so i like to go when everyone is working. when i am at the range every one knows,I shoot very "big boomers" like my 375 jdj,30-30 handguns.have you ever hunted or fished myrtle grove? I found the huntin good but the fishing sucks

I just went to the range for the first time on Saturday, hit the rifle section, then shot some clays. I havent had a chance to hunt there, what animals populate the area that are worth shooting?

Kharn

They have rabbits, lots of squirrels and I have seen clean cut ( not mashed out) deer tracks as big as my whole hand and not very many hunters hunt it. I have even seen turkeys.

Back