quotes

Artdent.22

Inactive
Since finding this site Ive read alot of great quotes pertaining to firearms and freedom in various posts and would like to get more if anyone knows of any. please post them if you know of any. Here is one by Leo Tolstoy which I thought was pretty good. "I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means-except by getting off his back."
please post any others that you find interesting or inspiring.

"And besides, with a small pistol I have killed many men much more intelligent than myself..." (or something like it)

From the movie Dr. Zhivago

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

See my collection at http://www.donath.org/Quotes - about 2/3 of them are what you want.

A few from there:

A Democracy: Three wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A Republic: The flock gets to vote for which wolves vote on dinner.
A Constitutional Republic: Voting on dinner is expressly forbidden, and the sheep are armed.
Federal Government: The means by which the sheep will be fooled into voting for a Democracy.
Freedom: Two very hungry wolves looking for dinner and finding a very well-informed and well-armed sheep.

"A pacifist with a machine gun is not armed, he's just holding on to a machine gun."

"When you're good, you don't have to be violent. The technique almost takes the volence out of it."
- Announcer of the '94 Ultimate Fighting Championship

"One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them."
-- Thomas Sowell

Man it's so dangerous here that even the Police have to carry guns!

The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.
- James Earl Jones

(From a "the government is doing X for a good cause" thread)
"Let's just put this yellow star on your shirt. There's a good fellow. Now if you'll just put out your arm so we can put this little tatoo number on you. Thank you so much. Here are your papers. Be sure to carry them with you at all times so that
you can show them to the officials whenever they wish to see them. Now, to be sure that you are free from any diseases and contaminants, would you please step over to these showers? Your family will also be treated, but in a different location. They are stepping into that railroad car at this moment. Don't worry. Their luggage is well marked, and will be kept safely for their return."
- D. P. Roberts

Gun control: the theory that Black people will be better off when only Mark Fuhrman has a gun.

'If someone comes to kill you, arise quickly and kill him.'
- Standard Jewish interpretation of verses in Exodus, Chapter 22

Only somone who has mastered violence can truly choose to be non-violent. The taoists and buddists who developed the eastern martial arts understood this. Ignoring the problems of violence do not make them go away.
- Kit Lewis

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
- George Orwell

[This message has been edited by ctdonath (edited December 02, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by ctdonath (edited December 02, 1999).]

Back