• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Quotes

Curly Jones

Inactive
Howdy, I'm new here. Don't want to start off sounding like an idiot. I'll get around to that later.
I'm trying to figure out how to quote other posts. Looks like I actually have to post something myself in order to get to the "go advanced" option?
I have previewed this post, but just don't see that option.

Last edited:
Quoting text from a post is quite simple. Copy the text you want to quote, paste it in your reply window, select it by swiping over it with the cursor while holding down the left mouse button (there are several other methods to select text) and then press the little quote button up in the tools area of the reply window. The quote button looks like this:
quote.gif
. The QUOTE tags will pop up and surround the selected text after you hit the quote button.

If you want to add the poster's name to your quote, add =Username to the first 'QUOTE' tag where Username is the posters screen name (i.e., QUOTE=Curley Jones).

You can also simply type the [QUOTE] [/QUOTE] tags surrounding the text without having to select the text.

You might want to try out a few examples in the "Software Test Area" forum before going 'live'. ;)

Back