Quotable Statement from Father of Columbine Victim:

Rob Pincus

It was faxed to me by a reliable source, so I trust that it is legitimate. The crux of this statement is obviously not firearms, and I don't really think this is the appropriate place to discuss her larger themes, but there is a useful quote in there about Firearms....

Rather than transcribe the entire three pages into this post, I have pulled out the pertinent parts. If anyone is interested in the rest, I would gladly fax it to anyone who Emails me a number. Perhaps someone else has more patience for typing the whole thing in...

From the Testimony of DArrel Scott, father of Two victims of the Columbine Shootings, Before the subcommittee on Crime, House Judiciary Committee, US House of Representatives
May 27, 1999

" The first recorded act of Volence was when Cain Slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villian was not the club he used. Neither was it the NCA, the NAtional Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart
In the Days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent of defend the NRA- because I doon't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended."

" And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occus-- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that continue to erode away our personal and private liberties.
We do not need more restrictive laws..... No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre."

Back