Quick way to break in a leather holster

o-town

Run it under the faucet, get it wet, but don't drown it. Then wrap your pistol in seran wrap so it doesn't get wet, and put it in the holster. Let it sit overnight. The next day, your holster will be more broken in=)

Do you put it under your matress like a baseball glove?

I have never had a holster that needed to be broken in that badly. The idea may work fine, but it seems a little extreme. Also, the saran wrap idea is what I do to stretch out a holster slightly, so I am into in agreement on that part. If your holster isn't already too tight, I would not do the saran wrap thing, which with a wet holster means not doing this procedure.

Here's and added trick...

..that Terri and I picked up fitting molded leather holsters. Once you've got 'er wet and wrapped in plastic stick it in one of those food savers that vacuum wraps your vittles. After an hour cut off the plastic and carefully slip the gun out and set the holster aside for 24 hours. After that spinkle some baby powder in the holster and work the gun in and out until you get the fit and feel you want. This will mold the holster exactally to every contour of the gun.

Back