Quick question on MS Outlook Express

Futo Inu

that came with MSIE 5.0. Can a techie here help me? When I receive new emails in my inbox, they are "bolded", and I have to click on them, and wait about a full 5 seconds or so before they're unbolded and ready for deletion. This gets cumbersome, esp. with many junk emails. Yes, I know I can click, then shift-click on the last one, pull down the edit menu, then "Mark as Read", then delete, but my question is "Is there a way to set the default to "unbold" after about 1/2 second instead of about 5 seconds?" Thanks a lot. Sorry for non-gun thread.

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited December 20, 1999).]

Hmmm, I've got mine set on AUTO PREVIEW (second row toolbar & you get to see the first line or two of the junk) & all unread are bold. Left click & hit the X (delete) & away it goes. If you don't get any better answer from anybody else, I'll check w/The Mrs. ... she's an IT chick.

Go to VIEW, select TOOLBAR, CUSTOMIZE & click everything there. Try that & if you don't get some more stuff, drop me an e-mail - I'll be on for a bit still.

I do have to get a life! ;)

Futo Inu,

You should not have to wait for them to become "read" to delete them. Just select them and hit the delete key.

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

HTH. :)

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

[This message has been edited by Coinneach (edited December 20, 1999).]

Back