Quick question for you H&K guys

1911Ford

Does the Mark 23 come in a DAO or only in DA/SA? I think that it only comes in DA/SA. Same thing with the Tactical, does it come in a DAO? I don't think that the Expert comes in DAO, only SA or DA/SA. Basically I don't want a DA/SA. I would prefer a DAO in this particular gun. Would go with a SA if I had to but not a DA/SA.

I am wanting to get one with a 5" barrel or greater and DAO in a .45. All of the above mentioned I beleive were 5" or greater except for the Tactical which I think was listed at 4.92. Close enough!

Thanks

All the different types of USP pistols (mark 23, expert, tactical, etc) come with a DAO variant. I am pretty sure they are variants 5, 6, and 7 although which is RH and which ones is LH escapes me at the moment. I know that variant 7 is DAO sans control lever. Hope this helps.

Mk 23

Hey there.... It's DA/SA per US GOVT specs. It has an interesting decocker. Cause the specs for an "Offensive" pistol called for a silent decocker it's just that. Once the decocking lever is engaged it moves lock step with the hammer till the lever and hammer are down.

Cheers

Birch

Yes, the USP series has the decock/safety as a modular unit. Due to the separate decock lever on the Mk23, I'm not sure if it can be converted to DAO. I believe that bobbed hammers are available for DAO models, btw.

I suggest you look into the Expert for an over 5" bbl, but if you can live with the 4.9xxx" of the Tactical bbl, you will love it. Excellent gun. Both have match grade adjustable trigger groups that the Mk 23 lacks.

I find that I am more accurate with my MK23
in the DA mode, whereas the SA mode takes more
finesse.
The DA pull on the MK23 is like the old S&W
revolvers and is very smooth, sweet and crisp.
I find myself pressing the trigger a bit too fast
in the SA mode but it is still better than the
"match" trigger of the USP's.
If you have the $ and large enough hands get the
MK23.
I love my USP compact, fullsize and Tactical but
they really pale in comparison to the MK23.
The only other HK that is in the same "league"
is the P7, and I am still working on mastering
proper trigger control on this little beast.
After about 30,000 rounds on my MK23 this pistol
shoots like NIB....

Just curious, but what exactly makes the Mark 23 roughly $1000.00 better than the USP Tactical? There must be something really important to warrant this price increase over the USP Tactical.....

lightspeed,
check out the Tac next to the Mark and notice
the difference in construction,etc....
I have both, and the MK23 is hands down the better
of the two...
My Wife who is 100#'s nothing and 5'nothing shoots
the MK23 better than the Tactical...
She only shoots 2-3x's per year and this pistol
makes anyone shoot good...
(sorry honey, I still love you and NO you can't have
my MK23 and I WILL someday buy you your Glock)
Guten nicht....

Back