Quick internet purchase of Rem870 mag.tube endcap/spring

EricO

I'm in need of the mag.tube endcap and a regular sized spring to replace the extended mag./spring on my Marine Mag 870. I realize that one won't probably be avail. with the Marine nickel finish, but where could I quickly locate and purchase a parkerized/or blued one. I don't need the one with the sling swivel on it for I have a side mounted Giles sling on it already. I'm doing this to check out the weight differences with/without the extended mag. tube and rounds. My particular 870 seems quite heavy as it is, and if I go ahead and get the Surefire 618 forend, that'll only add more weight. I'd like to check it without, plus the instructor I'm taking a class from soon I believe recommends using it without. Perhaps Brownells?
Thanks for any advice, EricO

Yes, Brownells can probably help you quickly.

Dave McC posted a list of Remington parts dealers recently, but I believe Brownells is the only one that's on-line.

You could try Remington, too. I needed a replacement front sight from SIG recently and had it within two days (for all of about $6, although the part itself was $34 <gasp> ). So, try Remington and grovel politely? <g> Maybe you will get the correct finish and quickly?

Back